Lemon Water Help

Options
Caper88
Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
Does anyone put a few squirts of lemon juice in their water? Are there benefits to doing this? I have heard some people say there is and others say there is no difference at all. What do you think?

Replies

• KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I do fairly often. I love lemons so it just gives water so much flavour. Lemon water also helps raise the alkalinity within your body as well, which is a good thing since most people are overly acidic due to horrible nutrition.
  • joannajohnsonrn
    joannajohnsonrn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think it is supposed to help encourage more fluid intake. Some people don't like water because there is no flavor, so adding flavor is supposed to help encourage intake.
    I am sure the vitamin C is an added benefit.
    Some people thinks it helps with weight loss, but I dont know if there is real evidence proving that.
    Good luck, and drink your water!
  • cryslynn1980
    cryslynn1980 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I hear it helps get rid of xtra water weight.....Like if I eat something high in sodium and have some swelling then drink lemon water it really does help me.
  • Happy_JoJo
    Happy_JoJo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've heard bits and pieces of ALL of the above mentioned things. I use true-lemon very convenient and all natural unlike crystal light is. I seriously tend to "chug" more water when it's lemon!
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi There Caper88!

Yes and Yes! As per Jackie Warner. She says it "will activate the burning off of stored fat in your body" Why you mays ask? She says it is a bile thinner, thinner bile means a better job of processing fat. I have also fouund that it helps to prevent cravings as well. Sipping water fills your stomach. And water is just plaine good for you. I prefer it to anything else actually. The only other things I really drink are my daily cup or 2 of coffee and unsweetened ice tea or hot lemon tea.

Well there you go!!! Hope I answered your question. All the best!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Jethro Kloss reported in his book Back To Eden:

“The medicinal value of the lemon is as follows: It is an antiseptic, or is an agent that prevents sepsis [the presence of pathogenic bacteria] or putrefaction [decomposition of tissue]. It is also anti-scorbutic, a term meaning a remedy which will prevent disease and assist in cleansing the system of impurities.”

lemon juice cleans your mouth
    it controls excessive bile flow
    it dislodges phlegm
    it aides in the digestive process – heartburn and bloating
    lemon water helps alleviate constipation
    it helps prevent vomiting
    and it helps with throat issues
    cleanses the liver and kidneys
    and even works as a natural skin cleanser

http://naturalhealthezine.com/health-benefits-of-lemon-water/
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    wow....im going to make some lemon water now :)
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Heading to the store to buy lemons tomorrow! Very interesting information!
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I use it plus also a few drops of Lime in hot water I kinda vary it during the day :wink: I used to HATE drinking water and struggled to get in more than 3 or 4 glasses a day now I average about 12 - 15 per day :bigsmile:

It makes it much easier to drink water :drinker:
  • cgsamp
    cgsamp Posts: 5
    Options
    I like lemon water.

But... not sure how it makes the body less acidic when it is acidic itself?
  • Caper88
    Options
    Well I hate the taste of plain water. I have stopped drinking pop but I then took up crystal right. I feel like I only replaced one bad habit with another. I was wonder what everyone thought of it and if anyone actually drinks it. I hate the taste of plain water. I am thinking after reading all your responses I might try drinking it tomorrow. I weight in tomorrow and start a new week so maybe lemon water will be my goal for the week.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I drink lemon water every day, love it!!!
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I like lemon water.

But... not sure how it makes the body less acidic when it is acidic itself?

If you read the stuff by Dr. Robert Young on Acid/Alkaline balance it goes something like this.

It is alkaline forming in that it stimulates the formation of calcium carbonate in the body. Calcium carbonate then neutralizes the "Strong" acids in the body, acids that can only be gotten rid of through urination, including uric acid which is the end result of protein metabolism.

In fruits such as the Lemons... the mineral content is also taken into consideration, and the Lemon's Alkaline minerals are many, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and Selenium so after the citric acid has done its job and is easily eliminated, one is left with a very Alkaline Ash from the fruit.
  • Caper88
    Options
    I put some into my cup of water tonight and it wasn't too bad for the most part.