Question on "my goals"

Options
So while perusing the "my goals" section today, I noticed that although I requested to lose 2 lbs per week, the end result in red from what the website calculated for me says "1.2 lbs/week." Does this mean that I physically can't lose 2 lbs/week? Should I adjust my goal to 1 lb/week?

I'm also confused about all the calculations - if I set a goal to work out 3 times a week for an hour, it looks like it calculates how much I'll burn for exercise. Is that figured in to my calorie goal? Does this mean that if I don't exercise, but I stick to my calories, I won't lose as much?

I thought I understood how it all works until I was reading that section today. Can someone help me understand?

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You set the exercise goals for your own use, but it's not factored into the weight loss goals. You'll lose at the rate it says whether you exercise or not. Exercising is a bonus!

Yes, for your size you may not be able to safely lose 2 lbs. per week. I would leave it as it is, if it's working for you, or lower it to 1 lb. if you feel you need a few more calories in your day.
  • kvultaggio
    Options
    Thx for the help on the exercise side... it had me a little worried, since I don't always get as much exercise in as I'd like...

I noticed that when I change my goal to 1 lb/week, I get 120 extra calories per day! I think that's a lot better than pushing so hard for a measly .2 lbs extra per week.

I'm off to grab my bonus calories now... :bigsmile: