Do you really think you are eating real blueberries?

Options
2»

Replies

• poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    They had to do an investigation to discover this? The 'blueberry bits' don't even taste like blueberries! This is not surprising to me at all.
  • BlkOnyx488
    Options
    I know right!

I think the point is they market this crap like it is real. The ones that are the most upsetting to me are the products specifically marketed to children and people who are working on losing weight.
    Sure they put this stuff in the label. but they are hoping you will see the real fruit on the package and the word "natural" and make an assumption that this is something good for your body.

Another Point if the Blue berries are fake what else is fake?

The real Surprize is that people still buy food from major manufactors at all. There are tons of studies showing that the food they make has no or very little orgins in nature. It's crazy but I think it would would be healthier dipping Crayons in honey and eating that than eating the foods sold in the Grocery stores today.
    They had to do an investigation to discover this? The 'blueberry bits' don't even taste like blueberries! This is not surprising to me at all.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Next thing you know, they're gonna tell me that Booberry isn't made from real ghosts! :noway:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Nothing about this surprises or shocks me in any way. I actually have never liked blueberries so it's a flavor option I avoid as it is. But it's pretty easy to tell that most baked "blueberry" items don't actually have blueberries in them, they just have random purple blotches in them.

I remember once, back in high school, that I was super hungry while out with friends and the only thing anyone had was a blueberry muffin. I figured I could just take out the blueberries and eat the regular muffin part. As I attempted to take out the "blueberries" I found that everyplace that it was purple was just dyed muffin and there wasn't a single piece of fruit in the entire thing.
  • MsSaturday
    MsSaturday Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Next thing you know, they're gonna tell me that Booberry isn't made from real ghosts! :noway:

That was great, LOL