Only positive thoughts on Jillian Micheals ?

Options
2»

Replies

• gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My only negative is the warm-up should be longer. I don't feel my muscles are warm after only 3 minutes, so I do 20 mins of cardio and then shred. I also don't agree with doing it everyday due to muscle soreness, and possibilities of injurys (but thats the Sports Therapist coming out in me I guess, because I treat a lot of muscles that have been overworked). Apart from those issues its FAB and I've seen a great difference in my body and lost inches off my waist.

I tend to do it 4 times a week.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I am part of a challenge that started on 01/10/11 doing the shred every day for 30 days. Had I not signed up for the challenge I would have quit after a day or two - that would have been my loss. I don't know that it's doing anything for my weight loss, I can't say my measurements have changed a great deal. BUT I can tell that my upper body strength has improved greatly. I can tell that I am gaining a sense of accomplishment and overcoming my "quitter" mentality. Those things are very important to me.

That being said, another benefit(?) is the crying that comes along with the first few days of each level. I figure crying is good for the sinuses and clears out the tear ducts so all is good. ;>
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred dvd and have done it faithfully for 30 days. I love the workout I'm loosing inches for sure but I only lost 4 pounds since i started it. I do like Jillian though and she really kicks your butt in a small amount of time.
  • mommy23skllm
    Options
    30 day shred is a great workout, but I cannot stand her voice. Shred it with weights is my favorite because her voice just seems softer. :wink:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't own any of her dvds because I'm kinda afraid of her. :embarassed:

Ha! Me too. Maybe when I get a little more in shape I'll think about taking on Jillian. She's scary.
  • laurie_powers
    laurie_powers Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to log the 30 day shred in the exercise log? I'm wondering!
    I find Jillian scary on The Biggest Loser as well. She's supposed to be intimidating, so that the contestants don't give up. She has to be mean! In her videos, she's encouraging. It's all good! You'll be hurting, and know that it's working!
    I'm starting today so I can be done with it at the end of February!
  • amberwl
    amberwl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love Jillians dvds I own 5 of hers
    30 day shred ( i don't love this as much as all of her others)
    losing it with weights (LOVE IT)
    fat +metabolism one ( LOVE IT)
    yoga meltdown (LOVE IT)
    no more trouble zones (LOVE IT)

she is just amazing, really.