Calling all or any baby boomers!

Options
I've noticed that there are a lot of very young folks on here that are engaged with the program, and i love that and I'm thankful for them, however, I have not found many
Baby Boomers that are engaged with posting , or just encouraging others. If you see this post and you are a baby boomer I would love to hear from you and/or be your friend. I am also looking for other serious MFP friends. I love this site!

Replies

• BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I'm a boomer, born in '55. This site is great for positive reinforcement and encouragement. Welcome aboard!
  • isabelrice
    Options
    Hi, I post everyday and also do weight watchers. My oldest daughter got me started on this web site, and I love it. This web site is great for all ages and let you know if u are eating the right foods for our old bodies. lol
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a boomer, too. '55 also!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm a boomer. I was born in 1953. This is a great site. Welcome Bmorrow. Good luck on your weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just barely snuck in under the wire...late 1964.
  • Cbaker5156
    Cbaker5156 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Me Too.. 1968, I noticed the same thing. But I have found some friends. You are welcome to add me..
  • bcgirl55
    bcgirl55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just joined today and am really impressed with this site. I was born in 1954. :flowerforyou:
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    born in 1959 and joined mpf in December 0f 2010. I also noticed a lot of younger people on here that I really don't have much in common with
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I'm 1966...does that count as a boomer?
  • mark139
    Options
    Just joined today... Born in december 1960... you are not alone!!
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm a boomer. Born in '63. Friend me if you like!
  • promiseskept
    Options
    1965! Fairly new here but truly enjoying what this site offers. I am looking for some friends to add so I can encourage and be encouraged, so add me please!!
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Bmorrow , how about you start a support thread for all of us boomers? We can give each other lots of mid-life support!
  • orting514
    Options
    Just joined today... Born in december 1960... you are not alone!!

Greetings i was born in Feb, 1960, so i have 11 months on you, welcome
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    1954- On the cusp between Baby Boomers and Generation Jones.

A baby boomer is a person who was born during the demographic Post-World War II baby boom.

Generation Jones is a term coined by Jonathan Pontell to describe the generation of people born between 1954 and 1965 The term is used primarily in English-speaking countries.

The name “Generation Jones” has several connotations, including a large anonymous generation, a “keeping up with the Joneses” competitiveness and the slang word "jones" or “jonesing”, meaning a yearning or craving. It is said that Jonesers were given huge expectations as children in the 1960s, and then confronted with a different reality as they came of age in the 1970s and 1980s, leaving them with a certain unrequited, jonesing quality.
  • tobybear
    tobybear Posts: 109
    Options
    Born in 1954. Would love to have some BOOMER friends.
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    Born in 59. Can always use more supportive friends on here.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm a boomer and I also do weight watchers.
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    1963. The *only* year that the Corvette had a split rear window.:glasses: