Scallop lovers

Options
Inpjs66
Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
Small bay scallops are low in calorie and great sauteed in some butter olive oil and fresh garlic. You can eat 33 of them at only 100 calories.
Sauteed scallops with a cup of rice pilaf is only 210 calories and a great dish.

Replies

• sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I agree! Sauteed baby scallops is amazingly good with rice. I add steamed asparagus as a side for this and I am a happy girl!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    That sounds good, I love scallops.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info ... will have to get me some scallops
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have never tried them because I wasn't really sure how to cook them. What do they taste like? Anything that you could compare them too? For that low calorie count I might have to try some.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Scallops are so tasty that I can't believe how low cal they are! I am very excited about scallops because I made them at home for the first time a couple of weeks ago after years for being too afraid to make themself. They turned out perfectly on the first try!

I usually put them on top of a salad or stir fry. Yum!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    By the way, I followed the easy directions here for great scallops: http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/fishseafood/ss/searseascallops.htm
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    First of all scallops can be eaten raw. I don't care for them raw and they only take a about 5 to 7 minutes to sautee in a skillet.

The small bay scallops are sweeter than the large, taste a little like sweet haddock. Kind of hard to explain
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    light and sweet. Just be careful not to vercook, because then they taste like erasers. I'm def. not kidding. The cook times are short, a minute each side maximum for little ones, maybe 2 minutes each side for the big guys. They should still be a little see-thru in the center, not white all the way through or you've overdone them. Just like shrimp, cook high heat very fast and you're good.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    mmmm i love scallops! thanks for the info!
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    OMG thanks for the tip, that sounds so good, im going to go get some tomorrow
  • AMHA32
    AMHA32 Posts: 23
    Options
    I had my first scallop not to long ago and really liked them! I'll have to try this out...anything you can eat 33 of for 100 calories sounds good to me!