What habits help you succeed?

Options
Please share the most important habits that help you succeed!

Replies

• jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    more recently I have realized what helps me is not taking a day off. If I do then I think oh one more day off wont hurt. Getting out of routine breaks me.
  • samarie119
    Options
    Hitting the gym right after work. I pack my gym bag and bring it to work so that way I don't have an excuse to stay home. If I go home, I'd sit down and skip the gym.
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Having more tiny snacks and not meals.
  • mblake85
    Options
    Exercising at night! Nighttime is when I tend to rome the kitchen cabinets out of bordom. If I save my workout until 7 or 8, I'm either too busy, or my endorphins are going crazy, and I feel too good to cheat.
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    what has helped me is writting in a calendar a couple of month worth of workouts. i dont have to think what to do today and i do not mark the day until i do my workout. eating 6 meals a day (3 meals and 3 snacks) keeps my energy up through the day. also a protein shake after a workout i love. you dont over eat after working out and its satifying and you know you are getting what you need to fuel your body.
  • patri_17
    Options
    I've gotten into the habit of planning out /preparing my meals in advance, that way it's easier for me to stick with healthy eating.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Logging in here EVERY day! It keeps me motivated and my plan on my mind. It's a great way to start and end the day.
  • sweetestthing
    Options
    working out everyday. Even light walking, no matter what get something in everyday. I have eaten great and really bad. None of it mattered as long as I was working out.
  • soniams
    soniams Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty obsessive personality. Having to do lists I can check off keeps me on track. Knowing that I have to record everything I eat really helps. I use a different website, http://dontbreakthechain.com, to log everyday that I exercise and a few other healthy habits. Seeing progress keeps me motivated. So I also have an Excel file where I record my weight each month.
  • pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Never eat standing up. Thats when you do most of your snacking!
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I workout right when I get home from work and I go grocery shopping when I'm not hungry. I don't even go down the snack isle. if it's not there I can't eat it. Lots of water really helps too. Hope that helps!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    read your food labels, focus on what a serving is, weigh and measure your foods. the best thing i personally do is prelog my foods, either first thing in the morning or the night before. if i see it in black n white it is easier for me not to binge eat. remember it is not set in stone u can aways change it. always check the calories of foods u order at restraunts before u eat. restraunt tip ask for a togo plate before the first bite and divide meal in 1/2 - 1/3 and put all except on portion in tray, then you have 1 - 2 meals for later. add me if u want.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Exercise has been my greatest habit.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Fasted cardio. Running any other time of the day yields only maintenance. Running every AM at least 40 minutes at 80% HR yields a 2 pound per week loss like clockwork.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Measure everything.
    Log everything.
    Keep a regular exercise schedule.
    Eat slowly.
    Don't deny myself anything I'm craving, just find a new, healthier way to enjoy the flavor.
    No regularly scheduled cheat meals (and no full days of cheating ever) - the only exception to this rule is when I'm on vacation, that's my freedom time and I enjoy myself those days. :D
    Have water with me at all times.
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Journalling my cals even if I know I have eaten way over my cal goal... Drinking lots of water.

The preschool I work for prepairs lunch and snacks, so eating what they serve and not going to get fast food..
  • DanieGirl74
    DanieGirl74 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tracking everything I eat BEFORE I actually eat it. Helps me decide if I should skip something all together or adjust my portion size. My perception of calories consumed was very off from actual calories. This works particularly well when eating out. I use the mobile app at restaurants while looking at the menu. Helps me make choices ahead of time and avoid regrets later.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Tracking everything I eat BEFORE I actually eat it. Helps me decide if I should skip something all together or adjust my portion size. My perception of calories consumed was very off from actual calories. This works particularly well when eating out. I use the mobile app at restaurants while looking at the menu. Helps me make choices ahead of time and avoid regrets later.

Yes, I always log my food before it goes in my mouth. I usually have meals logged before it's even close to that meal time and I typically map out snacks as well so that I can see how my day shapes up on a whole.
  • aesoprok
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing, i found many of your posts quite helpful :flowerforyou:
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    Planning meals in advance and MEASURING EVERYTHING. While I've gotten pretty good at eye-balling, I don't trust my eyes, so I measure. Lately my eyes have been underestimating anyway, so measuring lets me add MORE food to my plate. Bonus!