muscle milk

Options
Can anyone please give me some input on drinking muscle milk, good or bad ideal. can it be a meal replacement or something to have before or after a workout. thanks in advance for any input.

Replies

• fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I personally think Muscle Milk has a horrible taste to it. I've tried several flavors and can't get past the first couple swallows. If you want something for post workout I recommend EAS Myoplex shakes. Much tastier!
  • bethann1976
    Options
    I like it the vanilla creme, 100 cal light version.
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    go for the light version, muscle milk is usually higher in fat than other protein drinks
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    I work with 2 guys who are major workout buffs/gym rats, whatever you want to call them. They each take supplements and I have heard their convos about them many times and in every convo they have they always talk about how horrible muscle milk is (taste and it is bad for you). I dont know any specifics (why or anything that) but that is what I have heard from them.
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I drink the muscle milk sugar free 100 calorie chocolate, after i workout. I f i had the regular muscle milk id drink it as a meal replacement along with a after workout protien drink, i love it. I try to eat atleast 100g of protein a day so those help me get to my goal.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the single best bit of advice I ever read was:
    "If man made it, don't eat it."

But if you still insist on powders, I've heard a lot of people recommending Muscle Milk.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yuk after taste. I prefer bsn Syntha 6 for post workout
  • ketagirl
    ketagirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I ask my trainer about it he dont suggest it at all..
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've never had it because the name alone sets off my gag reflex. I physically shudder when I see displays of it! It's like a PTSD response, but I've never been traumatically stressed by it! :tongue:
  • Jenn3073
    Jenn3073 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use the Muscle Milk Light Powder in my breakfast shake...

1tbl Natural Peanut Butter
    1 Banana
    1 Scoop Chocolate (or vanilla) MM Light Powder
    Ice
    Water

Blend it all together and it's amazing. It's about 300 calories but it is a meal for me, usually breakfast or after a workout.
  • sassygirl49b
    Options
    Thanks everyone to all the great feedback.
  • goodm3
    goodm3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Muscle Milk is not the "best" protein shake out there. However, i love the taste and can't seem to get down other shakes. I think its depends what type program you're doing and what your dietary needs are. The person who has dietary concerns with sugar and carbs is going to eat differently than someone who is building muscle.
  • mommamo5
    Options
    I use the complete whey protein from the makers of muscle milk. It's made for post workout so I'll mix it with some almond milk after my run. It's not delicious by any means but it's got a decent taste. I prefer the cocoa bean flavor.
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    While I've heard it's not the best out there, it's perfectly fine...I drink the 8 oz. boxes of the Diet Chocolate after each workout...and it definitely seems to help :)
  • lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I buy the 100% Whey by Muscle Milk sold at Costco and I love it.
    I normally drink it after my workout. I mix 1 scoop with a cup of 1% milk, and some blueberries and a banana.. mix it in the blender with a little ice... YUMMY!! No after taste there!
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love the taste and drink it in the mornings before I workout.