curious..

Options
i know everyone loses at their own pace & everyone is different, but i was wondering how long it took to lose 100lbs. i started with 161 lbs to lose & i've lost over 50 so i still have a litt eover 100 to lose & i was just curious as to how long others have done it in. i heard a few people that said under a year (9-10 months) & a few that said almost two. so i just want to see where others fall in that range.

*Again I know that everyone loses at different rates, this is not a post so that I can set those kinds of expectations for myself & then feel bad about how long it took me. this is just a gauge to see the average. thanks.

Replies

• ms_april
    ms_april Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It took me right at a year to lose 100lbs
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    The first time I lost alot of weight, I lost 90 lbs and it took me about a year and a half ...
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I'm still stuck up at the top of your post where you lost 50 pounds plus. I find that amazing. Good luck on the rest!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 in about 8 months. I've currently lost 124 and it will be about 10 months since I started. I lose about 10 - 12 lbs a month on average. It slows down the lighter you get, so the last 20 or so become pretty grueling. I still need to lost about 13 - 15 more for my target goal weight.
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    well a safe weight loss is no more than 2 lbs a week... so we can loose about 8 a month, there are 12 months in a year so that would be 96lbs a year...so probably a little over a year...
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 in about 8 months. I've currently lost 124 and it will be about 10 months since I started. I lose about 10 - 12 lbs a month on average. It slows down the lighter you get, so the last 20 or so become pretty grueling. I still need to lost about 13 - 15 more for my target goal weight.

You freaking rock!! I don't even know you and I'm proud of YOU!! :flowerforyou:
  • ladykimberly
    Options
    If you lost 2 pounds a week for 1 year (52 weeks) that would be 104 pounds. Some can lose it faster, but in general it's not recomended to lose more that 2 pounds a week. Who can be perfect for a whole year? I would suggest assuming it will take 12 to 18 monthes. If it takes less that would be great! Hey......even if it takes 2 years - It's still worth it!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!