hungry all the time!

Options
i have been working out like crazy- burning calories and eating my net calories back- and I am still soooo hungry! I've reached my calorie limit and I'm starving- it's like this pretty often. Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• melle27
    melle27 Posts: 23
    Options
    yes me too .:(
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Try to split the calories into 5-6 mini meals a day. I felt the same way and since I did this I am not even hungry when I know it is time to eat. I hope this helps.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    are you eating enough protein?
  • jongwoons
    Options
    I share your same problem lately.
  • rae0823
    Options
    So here is the question- are you eating the right things that tends to stay with you for longer(like fiber rich foods), and is it that you are hungry or your body thinks it hungry. Whenever I start feeling that way and I know I reach my calorie count and should feel full I drink water if that doesn't help then I will eat a small snack- like a cheese stick or apple (100 cal approx). Hope it helps.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest looking at your protein as well. And yes, try splitting up your calories into smaller meals, eaten more frequently.

I've also noticed that if I don't get full at breakfast, I feel hungry all day (unless I completely gorge myself later on, which I'm trying to avoid!). Try to find a filling breakfast that works for you, and see if that helps.

Random question: Are you taking supplements? I get hungrier when I take my supplements all at once, even when they're with a large meal. I think my stomach is just uncomfortable and that translates in my brain as "hungry." If I space them out, it doesn't have the same effect.
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am currently on 1200 calories a day and I am always full. Are you getting enough protien? Protien will make you feel full longer. Just a snack of a tablespoon of peanut butter on a slice of toast helps me. I also make myself a protien shake almost every day. I put a little instant coffee and some stevia in it and feel like I am splurging on a cappucinno milk shake.
    Other option...you could do some cardio and earn extra calories.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Old habits are hard to break. When the clock says it's mealtime, you start thinking about eating, which leads you to feel hungry.
    Drink a big glass of water. Eat a carrot, celery stick, or something like an apple. That will satisfy your need to have something going into your stomach.
    As others have suggested, eat low-calorie mini-meals to avoid the feeling of hunger.
  • heatherours4
    heatherours4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks- i will try the smaller meals. i am getting enough protein- i am usually over on that.
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    if you're working out like crazy, your hunger might actually be thirst! Make sure you drink lots of water, or even a sports drink after exercising. I used to find this a problem when I first started working out, but now I am hardly ever hungry when I leave the gym, so I think some of it is just your body getting used to working harder.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    thanks- i will try the smaller meals. i am getting enough protein- i am usually over on that.

Are you over in accordance with MFP minimum?? The only reason I ask is that MFP set the protein levels very low. Only 15% of your daily intake, which, IMO isn't enough. You want to be more like 30 - 40%. Or half your body weight in grams. IE if you weigh 160lbs you should be eating around 80grams per day.

Hope that make sense. Protein, fats and high fibre (low GI) foods are what curb hunger. Anything highly processed will just have you running to the fridge. Even had a Chinese and felt hungry half hour later? :laugh:

Good luck :flowerforyou: