P90X Comments

Options
Hey everyone!

So... I love circuit, interval, and H.I.I.T. training for my workouts (basically anything that will kick your @$$), so after hearing so many positive comments about P90X, I'm wondering what you liked and disliked about the program, and if it worked for you? I thought you needed certain kinds of equipment for it? I own weights and a mat, but I'm used to body weight resistance training.
Both men and women are encouraged to reply.

Thanks, everyone!

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    ooh good post topic. i'm starting tomorrow and look forward to the responses
  • The_Jurgen
    Options
    Big fan. You will get great results. I liked the variety and the intensity of the workouts. It's also fairly light on needing special equipment - except for the pull-ups. There's a lot of body weight resistance. There are cardio workouts, but if you're a runner, then you probably will need to supplement to keep your run times where you want them.
  • JHRSr58
    JHRSr58 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm a BIG fan of P90X. You can view my site to view the results I've gotten with P90X in the last 8 weeks. I start week 9 tomorrow. I bought the following chin-up bar which came with bands.

http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Fitness-Gear-Doorway-Exercises/dp/B002LN9XJI/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

I really like the bar for how well it works in my wide doors, but I use dumbbell weights and like the results from them MUCH better than the bands. The good things is that the bar came with the bands as a bonus I didn't even know about -- and they worked very well for me when I travelled to Seattle. But I still like the dumbbells MUCH better..

Before I got started with P90X my son did it first. After seeing the unbelievable results he got I had to try it. Following is a video he made of his journey with P90X. BTW - his workout partner is my grandson and I'm very proud of how cute he is.... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnt3yeGhn1o

It can be a hard workout at first -- at least it was for me because I was so much out of shape. But if you do what you can to the best of your abilities, take a rest while they keep pumping them out, and forget the rest (as Tony Horton says) -- later you will find that you can eventually start doing most all the exercises to completion. For example, I've gone from 3 pull-ups to 10 now. And I can actually do all the Mason Twists like Tony, his crew, my son (and grandson) are doing in the video. But I started out not being able to do them at all.

One last point. Although I'm a big fan of the program, I STRONGLY recommend buying it used from EBay or somewhere else as there are so many people out there who gave up on it and are selling it at MUCH cheaper prices than what it will cost you new. Watching the commercials I didn't believe the results you could get with it, but now I know it works thanks to my son (and now for me -- at least so far). Get it, do your best, forget the rest, and stay with the program to completion.

Good Luck!

JHRSr58
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like the program. I've gotten so much stronger in the last month doing this program. Actually today i completed my first 30 days so phase 1 is done.

The workouts are hard but you do it all at your own pace. I can see how some people do the program 2-3 times over.....there is always room for improvement and ways to make each exercize harder. you will just get stronger and stronger for sure.

I can't wait till my 90 days are up so I can post B&A photos!!