I really need support right now

Options
Hey everyone,

So i weighed myself today and i was very unhappy with the results. I guess i assumed what i had originally weighed at the beginning when that was not right at all. I'm actually 10 pounds heavier. When i saw how high the number was i started to cry. I worked so hard these last 2 weeks and now i'm falling apart. I really need your guys support.

Thanks.

Replies

• kkrupp
    kkrupp Posts: 20
    Options
    Aw Mermer <33 You are moving in the right direction, I'm here for you anytime. You can totally keep this up, you've been working so hard those 10 pounds will come off like they are nothing girl. I promise!!!!
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    Maybe it could be close to your lady time and you're retaining a lot of water! Idk what else to say but hang in there! If you've been feeling better than that's all that marters, forget the scale!
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am infact on my lady time and I drank a lot of water today..but still it's hard.
  • tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, it's just a number. It doesn't really matter if your ten pounds over or under what you thought you were-- your body is the same; that extra ten pound isn't automatically added on just because you stepped on the scale. It's not a quick fix, it's a healthier lifestyle. Keep your chin up, lady. Let this motivate you to continue working harder! You CAN do it!!

(And it's okay to have breakdowns every now and then-- I certainly do-- the key thing is to just keep trekking along. The scale is a nasty, nasty piece of machinery. Great job working hard the last couple weeks, keep it up!)
  • tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am infact on my lady time and I drank a lot of water today..but still it's hard.

Well shoot, then! NEVER weigh yourself on your ladytiime. ; ) It only leads to heartache.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Don't take those numbers too hard, they will go down to where you want them to be if you just hang in there!!

'Lady Time' ha! I will have to start using that one. I definitely don't feel 'ladylike' during that time of the month. :) I always go up a few pounds around then, also. Just ditch the scale for another week or so and keep on trucking, I'm sure you'll be much happier when you weigh yourself again!!
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    Sometimes I get discouraged when I wait an entire week for a weigh in feeling the same way, that I had tried really hard and surely would see results. Then I get on the scale and weigh heavier than the last week! Nothing is more frustrating. Our bodies do weird things we can't explain or justify sometimes. But as long as you follow your intake and excercise, it would be scientifically impossible not to have lost weight the next time you weigh in. So keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!! You're closer and closer to your goal every day that you don't give up.
  • TealStar13
    Options
    You are on the right path. Yes, seeing a higher number than what you originally thought is not the greatest but you can get over this. Just think of the good things that you've accomplished so far and how you have felt these past two weeks. Just keep going and soon you will see the results you want! We are all here for you. :)
  • Karlottalynn
    Karlottalynn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do this... It is so easy to get discouraged but so hard sometimes to stay focused on your goal... If you have to readjust your goal profile, do it! Then tomorrow start again working on your goal! You can do this!

I am 2 weeks new this program.. its a daily challenge to keep my calorie intake to my goal... :)
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I had kind of a similar situation last week (ok, fine, I did cry a little). It gets better--think of it this way: nothing has actually changed other than a number in your head. You're still the same size as you were the minute before you stepped on that scale, and that's what really matters.

Also, remember, muscle weighs 3 times as much as fat, so if you've been working really hard, you've been replacing the lighter fat with the heavier muscle--that is why people say to go by your measurements, not the evil, cruel, misleading scale numbers.
  • llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I know how hard it is to get on the scale and not like what you see! It's the worst. Just remember, depending on what kind of exercise you're doing, you could be building some muscle. The trainer at my gym told me when I first started going not to weigh myself for two months because I was doing at lot of strength training that would build muscle, and I wouldn't see results like I was expecting to. I don't know what other people think of that. I'd never heard that before, but he was right. It took about two months for me to actually see results on the scale.

And it's not always about the scale. How are your clothes fitting? More importantly, how are you feeling? I know when I'm eating healthy food in the proper portions I feel great!

For me, personally, it seems that if I'm always eating processed food, I don't lose as fast. I try to load up on a lot of fruits and even more vegetables. I try to switch out my "light" snacks with an orange or carrot sticks, or raw green pepper. Mmmmm...I never realized how tasty raw veggies were until I actually started eating them!

Those are just some things that work for me! Good luck! We're all pulling for you!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My stupid scale was giving me a total fit bad...Saying different numbers within 2 minutes of weighing everytime. So I took the advice of several wonderful people on here and #1 bought a new scale...Still trying to figure out how to adjust my stuff to meet the new scale and #2 I started taking Measurements.

Taking my measurements was truly a sanity savior for me! I see the progress in the measuring, no matter what that mean nasty scale says to me!
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Your stories really made me feel better.
    BTW--if anyone wants to add me feel free. i'd love the support!
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Wow after reading all of your supportive comments I think I am ready for my weigh in tomorrow. Keep going girl and remember quitting isn't an option. We are watching and cheering for you here. I'll be your friend!
  • hannyt
    hannyt Posts: 33
    Options
    i know how you feel! it's so frustrating but you're doing the right thing by logging on and taking charge! :) it's also my lady time and i just indulged in some ice cream...yikes! we all have bad scale days..no worries! you're doing great!!
  • sunstreaks22
    Options
    Just because the scale says something different than what you originally thought it would doesn't mean that you look any worse than you did yesterday before you stepped on that scale. You're still looking better and better every day because of all of your hard work. If you were happy with the progress that you made yesterday (AND YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN!!!), then you should feel just as happy with it today. Keep up the good work and remember, we're all fighting the same battle and we're here for you every step of the day.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options

If it makes you feel better I cried in the shower this morning too. Hang in there, it'll get better. I hope...