What’s up with the bullies tonight?

Options
Seriously, I have had such a great experience on this site and then tonight for some reason there are people just being flat out rude! Maybe this happens more often than just tonight and I haven’t noticed before. It’s sad though. Most of the people on here are looking for motivation and support to lose weight and live healthier lives and it’s hard! More so for some people. I know my friends in my life while they don’t make fun of my choice to get fit they aren’t as supportive as they could be. They don’t want to work out or choose healthier foods. So lately I have turned to my friends here and it’s such a great community I have around me! If you’re so unhappy with your life you need to figure out how to make it better without belittling others. Otherwise you’re going to find yourself alone and failing. Thank you to all of the people who have made this site positive! :bigsmile:

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I've only really noticed the one tonight. But bullying of any kind has absolutely no place on this site. And I'll gladly bully back at anyone who tries to be a bully here.
  • leweverling
    Options
    Wow thats sad to hear! To many don't have a parade of their own so they have to rain on others! Hope all gets better good luck to you on your journey and kudos to you for what you are doing! Stay Strong!
  • elcyclista
    Options
    Boooo internet bullies. Don't let internet bullies ruin your day. Just brush them off. :]
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I've only notice one bully, and thankfully the threads got locked/deleted. I just don't understand how it's hard to be supportive on a freakin fitness/weight loss website. Snide comments and nasty remarks are not going to be motivating to 99% of the people here. I wouldn't be friends with someone very long if their method of 'support' was being rude all the time!

I love this site and have found a lot of people on the same path as me and in the end, most of us are here for support and motivation to keep plugging away at it every day, even when it gets hard.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i missed it. most people here are great folks. but then again this is the internet so you know its always some idiots and silly folks that will try to ruin the good thing going. i say dont listen to the naysayers, its ridiculous to be an internet bully or cyberthug anyway
  • antipholous
    Options
    Best way to deal with trolls: just ignore them. Internet flame wars are to be avoided at all costs. They solve nothing and raise blood pressures.
  • jmcniel
    jmcniel Posts: 65
    Options
    Bullies, eh? I didn't know my mother-in-law joined up.

Just ignore them. 99% of the members here are very supportive, but there are just some that are going to ruin anyone's parade, don't engage them and they will not have the fuel that they are looking for.
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    I felt really bullied the other night. I used Liquid Hcg drops (under doctor supervision) to jumpstart my weight lost. I'm not overweight at all, I just wanted to lose the last 10 lbs after having my daughter. Some people made some really mean comments that hurt my feelings to the point I was in tears. In my opinion, it was my decision and my success should have been the focus, not my method.

That night, I prayed for each of those people and let it go.

Not everyone is going to be 100% supportive. Although they should be, some people just don't have it in them I guess.

If I don't have something nice to say, I won't say it.

Good luck to you and shrug it off girl. You got this!
  • littlelioness
    Options
    I know right? The other night it got way crazy. Then it started up again, and it got shut down fast. I love this site, too and there are some awesome people on here! Muchlove <3
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    I've not been bullied myself, but I read 2 posts tonight targeting people's weaknesses and it really made me mad! My Dad brought me up to be better than that and I just see red! :mad: I guess I'm just feeling a little sensitive.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Bullies, eh? I didn't know my mother-in-law joined up.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    I haven't noticed anything negative and I have to be honest and say i'm grateful for it. When there is someone that is just miserable they will put others down to feel big and to those people they don't even deserve this type of spotlight. The best way to make them disappear is to not give their shananigans life. It really is sad but it's such a part of our reality (there's always going to be atleast one negative in the bowl of positive). I guess when you think about it life would be boring if it was just always sunshine. Be encouraged sis because the bigger part of this site is positive and trust me I know what you mean about those loving friends who just don't seem to share my enthusiasm. I have been becoming friends with the warriors at the gym actually.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    bullies, or no bullies.. Dont let the ruin your experience on here.. I haven't seen too many. Sometimes people just are venting although they sound mean and cruel. this site is by far the best weight loss site ive joined.. TRUST me.. On another site i had, we would have a person blocked and they make a new name.. and it got old and alot of people left that site.. including myself. But I wont allow that to happen on here.. There will be cruel people everywhere.. Its the internet.. its bound to happen..
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    bullies, or no bullies.. Dont let the ruin your experience on here.. I haven't seen too many. Sometimes people just are venting although they sound mean and cruel. this site is by far the best weight loss site ive joined.. TRUST me.. On another site i had, we would have a person blocked and they make a new name.. and it got old and alot of people left that site.. including myself. But I wont allow that to happen on here.. There will be cruel people everywhere.. Its the internet.. its bound to happen..

THAT'S REAL TALK!
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    Options
    no reason for bullies.. we are all in the same boat blah to the bullies
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    At the bottom of each post there are 2 words that MIGHT work to handle the bullies that you find on here. At the bottom on the right hand side it says REPORT POST. I read a post saying that "I guess a few people or maybe not a few got offended and my last post was deleted" so I think that is what we need to do if we find people on here who are not being supportive of the many people on here trying to make a "lifestyle change" no matter what age they are.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    The stuff tonight is the first I've seen of anyone really just being mean-spirited. It's unfortunate, but I think they do a pretty good job keeping that out of the atmosphere here. I've been on a lot of sites (weightloss and otherwise) where it's MUCH worse. Thankfully, the overwhelming majority here are positive, helpful people. Yay MFP! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.