Simple Motivations

Options
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to ask, what is your daily reminder? How do you wake up in the morning and tell yourself okay, today is going to be another successful day, and remind yourself of what you'll feel like if you stick with it? I'm just wondering because I feel like I always re-motivate myself after a really bad (calorie wise) day and I should be doing that before hand so I don't mess up to begin with. Just looking for some input. Thanks everyone! :smile:

Replies

• WoolieNC
    WoolieNC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My motivation has been simply recording everything I eat before I actually eat it, with the mobile app. It gives me a better idea on what to eat to stay in my range. If I go to Subway, I just search for "Subway" and pick from the list of how many calories I am willing to spend. I generally eat a larger dinner, so this makes it more of a "game".
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I set myself some mini-goals and associated rewards with them and dates that I have to have accomplished them by. Also you could buy an outfit in the size you wish to achieve through weight loss and hang it outside your wardrobe to see when you first wake up. Just things like that. Logging the food you eat and the exercises you do also helps.
  • MissLadyInWaiting
    Options
    well since i know i will be going on the computer once a day, specially now that i have MFP, i have a photo of a female body i like wearing clothes that i WISH i could wear but can't because i'm to big. and since i love clothes and want to look like that thats enough motivation to get me up and exercising.

another thing is that i just think if i give up now in a few months or a year i will look back and be the same size (or bigger) when instead i could of reached my goal weight and be happy if i had just stuck with it. a few months of hating exercising and healthy eating is NOTHING compared to being unhappy with yourself for the rest of your life.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Weigh myself every morning to keep close watch on my weight. It makes me hold myself accountable after horrible weekends (like this past one). The scale doesn't move or even goes up, and it makes me hate overeating that much more!
  • ckeil
    ckeil Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a picture on the mirror in my bedroom when I weighed MUCH less. It helps to look at it and remind myself ok you were that weight before you can be there again.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    apart from this website... I have skinny, amazing looking celebs on my dressing table! I also have adriana lima (my display photo) on my fridge and computer desktop :) and for a little more motivation occasionally buy a magazine with celebs and weightloss tips!

I also have a Personal Trainer (cant let her down)

:)
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Normally just the feeling that I have after a bad day eating is enough motivation for me. But, I have my before photos and I am reminded of just how far I have come every time I look at them. I do agree about preplanning your eating though!
  • SERIOUS2
    Options
    Hi, I just remind myself of how hard MFP are working and if they can do it so can I, it's been times when I did not feel like working out but I think about the contest that I have entered and again about all the hard work that people on this site are doing and I just push myself to keep going.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Reminding myself how empowering it is to take charge of my life and how capable I am of accomplishing anything I put my mind to is something I do daily.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Going to look at my meal plan for the day and getting excited about what I am gonna cook that will be yummy and healthy. I love cooking and I am jazzed about learning to cook so differently now, it is an exciting process.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    vision collages. Clip out words, pictures of how you want to look or a certain exercise pose or something you want to work on. Post them up on your fridge, desktop the front of a weight loss journal or something. It can help keep those affirmations. That is something else. Get a piece of paper and think of positive statements. Keep going as long as you can then write and re-write sentences until you get something that can be your mantra to repeat to yourself over and over.

I made my vision collage for my journal. Now to get consistent in writing in it. Its not food or anything just feelings, thoughts, success or set backs(refuse to say failure). It also contains my goals for fitness and weight/size.

Reading success stories everyday. Keeps me inspired to keep on trekking.
  • jmcniel
    jmcniel Posts: 65
    Options
    Everyday reminder is my wife and son. My wife since we are doing this together, and our son because I want to be around and be able to keep up with him as I get older.

Secondly, myfitnesspal; it helps keep me honest. I know that it is easy when you have a bad day to be just be like, I am not going to log this and start back tomorrow; I don't see it like that. If I have a bad day, I log it and see where I went wrong and try to correct it the next day.

Finally, I use clothes for each of my goals. Currently, I have a pair of pants that fit me well when I was at 275, so currently I have those hanging up and I can get them on, just can't get them buttoned. So, hopefully in another 23 lbs I should be able to get them on.
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    I bought a marker board with the days of the week on it and put it on the wall near my bed. On each day I write what exercises I will be doing or if it's a break day . On the left side of the marker board there is a notes section and I made a table that lists the dates of the Sundays that I weigh in on. So every morning I wake up and it's the first thing I see and it reminds me of what I need to do. Seeing the numbers at the side going downhill keeps me motivated and even if there wasn't much change from the last week all I have to do is look up a few more spots and see that I'm going in the right direction. It works great for me I'd recommend getting one!
  • juleslianne
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas guys! I'm definitley going to use some of these like the marker board! And I like the idea of making it a game by figuring out what I'm gonna eat beforehand!

Thanks againg for all your input! :smile: :smile: :happy:
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I bought a marker board with the days of the week on it and put it on the wall near my bed. On each day I write what exercises I will be doing or if it's a break day . On the left side of the marker board there is a notes section and I made a table that lists the dates of the Sundays that I weigh in on. So every morning I wake up and it's the first thing I see and it reminds me of what I need to do. Seeing the numbers at the side going downhill keeps me motivated and even if there wasn't much change from the last week all I have to do is look up a few more spots and see that I'm going in the right direction. It works great for me I'd recommend getting one!
    That is such a good idea! I may just have to steal your idea and use if for myself, Mwahhahhaa.:devil:
    j/k thanks for the tip
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    Compliments are a great motivation too!