Anyone else TTC??

Options
Anyone??

Replies

• AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Me! It's my reason for loosing weight :-)
  • maritajane
    Options
    Am I missing something? What does TTC mean?
  • ondjima
    ondjima Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    TTC means trying to conceive.
  • PumpkinDuncan
    PumpkinDuncan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am as well. I'd like to lose some weight and just be a little healthier in general before beginning IVF treatments.

TTC-Trying To Conceive
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Not TTC yet, but hopefully within the year (hopefully within 6 months!). I've been taking folic acid supplements for 2 years, been charting my cycle for 6 months, just started over the counter prenatals this month, and the hubby and I are scheduled to have our first consult with my new OB on Feb. 14th.

I want to lose at least another 20 lbs before we actively start trying. I've read that it's best to be less than 20% above your ideal weight, to reduce the risk of weight-related complications like prenatal diabetes and preeclampsia, but I don't know how true it is (although, obviously the closer one is to their ideal weight the better.) For me, that's 155 or lower. If I maintain an average weight loss of 1 lb per week, I should hit 155 by my 31st birthday (May 19).

Feel free to friend me if you'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • ondjima
    ondjima Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have friended both of you, hopefully we can stay in touch and soon reach what we are trying to!
  • littlem1nx
    littlem1nx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose weight so i can start ivf treatment,i have my next appointment in may and would like to have shifted some serious weight by then.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Oh, also -- you ladies might want to do a search for a thread called "Fit for Future Families". I think that's where a lot of the actively TTC gals are hanging out on the boards. I've not been active in that thread, myself. I should though. :smile:
  • AMummysLife
    Options
    Thanks Mandy. I just posted in there.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    You're welcome!
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow. I learned something today. Never heard of "TTC" before. :)
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am!!!! Another good website for TTC is FertilityGal.com....I LOVE THAT WEBSITE!! my DH and i have been TTC for 15 months now...I am hoping that this weight loss will help.... :D add me as a friend if you want to!! we can support each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good luck ladies!~ I am post baby, but know what boat you are in! Wishing you all the best!~
  • hollybear1280
    Options
    Hey all, I am! Just joined this site today. I'm trying to lose weight to combat my PCOS, then wanna start ttc. I tried for 2 years, 2007 - 2009 with no luck, so I'm hoping if I lose some, I can do it without fertility treatments.
  • misskate05
    Options
    Yes! I just signed up on this site today :) We're taking a two month break from ttc (we've been trying for about 14 months), and then we're at it again.
  • kaylamae90
    Options
    I'm TTC as well... We have been trying since March 2010. It is a very frustrating journey. Basically the doctor told me I need to lose weight first off and she put me on Metformin to help my hormones get back on track.... Evidently insulin issues are a common reason for annovulation. So we will see if this whole process helps! :) good luck to all of you ladies!
  • bissabwell
    bissabwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We are not actively TTC but plan to be towards the end of this year. It is the reason I joined MFP today and am giving this weight loss thing a serious and empowered effort this time around. The only thing I have ever wanted to be is a mom and I will not let my weight stand in the way of making it happen or of being the best mom I can be. I have 90lbs. to lose to just get in the healthy zone so it's time for no-nonsense, major concentration on my part. Glad to know I'm not the only one here with the sameend goal in mind!

4476014.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AMummysLife
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies to MFP.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I had my first child when I was 30, and then 10 years later, at the ripe old age of 40, I had my second. Seven years of trying! Tests revealed nothing unusual, I just wasn't conceiving. Nor did I conceive when I was on fertility pills either! Finally, just before my 40th birthdayt, we got the news that we were pregnant. And people said was he a surprise? No way! You don't wait seven years for a surprise! lol

Each of you ladies are in my prayers.
  • callistasmom
    Options
    My DH and I are TTC as well that is one of the main reasons I am wanting to lose the weight.