THIS has got to stop!

Options
I am so tired of the games I seem to be playing with myself....
We're now a month into 2011 and I was hoping it was going to start better than it has. I've had some problems with my girls' dad since I moved back into the area, am living with friends for now, started a new job, on an eating roller coaster, and feeling totally frustrated. For every good day I have there are at least 3 or 4 bad ones. I do chart everything I eat; my water intake hasn't been as good as it has been but I'm still drinking it.
I posted the other day that I don't exercise as well as I was during the fall months and I know it seems simple to just exercise early before starting my day at work but that's really hard for me and where most people it would energize them for the day, it exhausts me. I am currently driving 90 miles in a day between taking my daughter to school and getting to work so I spend about 3 hours a day in traffic. I work about 8 hours in between the commuting so really by the time my day is done, I'm not even getting close to the exercise I need to.
I know I don't need the exercise to lose the weight but I know my body needs it to keep it healthy. I've just got to stop the crap eating all the way around....I'm tired of it but can't seem to help myself lately.
I don't think I've gained any of the 80 lbs I've lost back and if I have it's just a few pounds since everything still fits and not too tight if it wasn't berore.
There are more restaurants available, more food readily available, and I'm a asleep freak who prefers to sleep to the last minute possible.

I really need some help on this....I have JUST 50 lbs to go and really want to get there!!!!!

Replies

• Gillianleighmc
    Options
    Everyone hits bumps in the road on their weight loss journey at some time. My heart goes out to you because you really seem to have a lot going on right now! The bottom line is that only YOU can turn things around and knock out these last 54 pounds. Think about how AMAZING you will feel accomplishing your goal. What you have already managed to achieve is AMAZING. Pat yourself on the back, don't beat yourself up. Unfortunately, there are only so many hours in the day. If you don't enjoy a morning workout, that isn't the time of day for you to work it in. But just remember, as little as a 20 minute power walk can make a world of difference in your weight loss efforts. And if there is ABSOLUTELY no way you can work in a workout, then just focus on eating really healthy that day. Look for NONFOOD ways to deal with your stress (a difficult one for all of us) and you will hit that goal in NO time. Keep up the awesome work and hang in there! :)
  • 2011body
    Options
    Even though you say it is hard for you to exercise in the morning it seems like the best thing for you to be able to squeeze in 30 minutes before going in the shower.

You can do this on the weekend and then only one day during the work week to get a result. On the weekend you do not have to get up super early either (but try to exercise before you eat to burn a max of fat from the workout).

At least you are not worn out from driving and working and all the stresses of a long day, and you will probably really have to motivate yourself to exercise.

How about setting up a stationary exercise machine in front of the tv before going to bed. 30 min on it gives you an instant 200 extra calories, and burns fat better that exercising after you eat. Both could be motivating, if is is hard to see the long term goal so early in the morning. Also you do not have to shower an extra time, as you exercise before taking the morning shower.

Good luck!!!