Shakeolgy?

Options
Besides those that sell the product.......has anyone used it?

Thoughts? Yay or nay?

Replies

• kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I don't sell it, but I love the chocolate! Yummy with 1 cup of 1% milk and some ice, tastes like a chocolate milkshake...which I guess it is. I have a sample of Greenberry here that I can't bring myself to drink since I have never heard of anyone liking the flavour.

What I don't love....the price! I'm paying it but it's just too darn expensive!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It knocked my cholesterol down from 193 to 167. I had already used other natural supplements to get my cholesterol from 264 to the 193, but my LDL was still high at 123, and it's now at 81, after using Shakeology, which is normal. Plus I have more energy than I know what to do with.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am going to give it a try here one of these days. Though I'm not buying it monthly. Maybe drink 2-3 a week. $120 for "30 meals" is way to expensive! Plus it would get old drinking one everyday!
  • rtgilliam
    Options
    I tried a sample for the first time the other day-- the chocolate was delicious!
    But, like everyone else has said, it's so expensive!
    I would love to be able to start using it daily, but I just can't afford that.
  • 305muscle
    305muscle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    its crap you really wanna trust peruvians with your body?hmmm not me
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My order should be here tomorrow. I am very excited and can't wait to try it. For those of you who say it is too expensive, if you think about it, it is a $4 meal, since you are replacing a meal a day with it.
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am going to give it a try here one of these days. Though I'm not buying it monthly. Maybe drink 2-3 a week. $120 for "30 meals" is way to expensive! Plus it would get old drinking one everyday!

The results have only been proven if you take it everyday as a meal replacement. But let me know how the 2-3 times a week thing works for you.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I really like the chocolate. I always use milk and add whatever fruit I have on hand. It's very good with frozen berries and a little orange extract. I also like it with banana and almond extract. I swear it's like dessert.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I don't sell it, but I love the chocolate! Yummy with 1 cup of 1% milk and some ice, tastes like a chocolate milkshake...which I guess it is. I have a sample of Greenberry here that I can't bring myself to drink since I have never heard of anyone liking the flavour.

What I don't love....the price! I'm paying it but it's just too darn expensive!

I like the Greenberry and don't like the Chocolate, LOL..................

Mix the greenberry with Orange Juice, banana and some berries..................
  • Grokette
    Options
    My order should be here tomorrow. I am very excited and can't wait to try it. For those of you who say it is too expensive, if you think about it, it is a $4 meal, since you are replacing a meal a day with it.

This is what I thought when I ordered it. I waste $4.00 a day on something. I worked it into our grocery budget.

Chocolate for my hubby and Greenberry for me.
  • Grokette
    Options

It is actually good nutrition.
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    Has anyone compared the ingredients to say like slimfast or other meal replacement drinks..... Please don't yell at me I really don't know just asking.:wink:
  • Grokette
    Options
    Has anyone compared the ingredients to say like slimfast or other meal replacement drinks..... Please don't yell at me I really don't know just asking.:wink:

You can't compare Shakeology to Slimfast. That is like comparing Kobe Beef to hamburger.
  • busub
    busub Posts: 58
    Options

It is actually good nutrition.

So I've heard. BTW, I'd trust the Peruvian before the American. I don't believe they're having the same obesity issues that we are.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

It is nowhere near crap. Take a look at the ingredient list and the nutrition facts and unless you take several supplements or a multi, you will be hard pressed to get all that's in Shakeology without over-indulging on fruits and veggies everyday...

If you don't wanna try it, fine. That's you. But why would we listen to your opinion about a product that you admittedly never tried? The O/P was asking for the opinions of people who have had it... :flowerforyou:

And as for me, I have been using it for over a year now. It has helped lower my cholesterol as well, and it also has boosted my immune system...it might sound weird, but my colds haven't lasted as long since I started drinking it.

And about the taste...if you search on Google you will find some websites that have long lists of different recipes so you can have a different one all the time. I personally like 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 cup of water, and some ice blended with the chocolate flavor. It's really good!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

I know of someone that has, but I hesitate to post it here since she is a star-diamond Beachbody coach and I don't want it to sound like advertising...

But she did an interesting blog comparing it to things like Slim Fast and Muscle Milk. She compared the ingredients, the processing of the ingredients, etc. It basically concludes that things like Muscle Milk are great, but lack some of the things that Shakeology has such as probiotics. It also concludes that Slim Fast isn't that great compared to any of the other products compared.
  • lovewinz
    Options
    I think it is yummy IF you add in (I use unsweetened Almond milk and frozen fruit)...it is however very expensive. I justified spending the money by not buying any more WW desserts and using this in place of any vitamin supplements.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    has too much sugar. and it still is a powder so it cant be that natural....plus its expensive already (bb needs to make money somehow) and to make it taste descent you have to add more stuff!! c'mon that raises the price even more!...bb coaches buy it mainly bcuz they have a quota to meet each month!.... you can lower cholesterol in other cheaply ways also......if you quote this to diss me, thank you i feel important!!