Weekends

Options
Hi everyone,

I have been using fitnesspal since January. I am doing really well during the week, i can stick to my goal and exercise and its not a problem. However as soon as Friday arrives i struggle, I always seem to over eat. it hasnt helped that there has been birthdays this month and we have been going out for dinners!

My goal is to lose 2 stone by August, However i would be happy to simply lose a stone to what i was last summer.

If anyone has any tips to stay on track on a weekend? I really enjoy pastas and chilis and prefer these on a weekend.

Thank you x

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Weekends are harder. I know this I struggle with it still but It has gotten better with time. So make sure you ALWAYS still eat a good breakfest! Go from there. If you dont your more likely to overeat
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Try and make time for exercise, i find that when i exercise more often i don't crave junk food. (Although some isn't that bad so don't feel guilty!)
  • DanWatts1982
    Options
    Hi,

Tell me about it...They are hard but as ProTFitness says, a good breakfast is essentioal when your out of your work routine in the week. I have really made a concious effort to have some porridge on the weekends and I find I am not grazing so much as it keeps me full.

I do allow a bit of a cheat sometimes on a weekend but all in good measure if you combine ot with an exercise plan.

I hope you achieve your goal, all the best! :drinker:

Dan.
  • xxnicxx
    xxnicxx Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi

I seem to have the same problem. I think you just have to allow yourself to have more from time to time. I find it hard to eat all my calories during the week, but I make up for it at the weekends. A diet shouldn't restrict your social life so if you are eating out perhaps to try to have a look at the menu beforehand and pick out something that is a healthy choice but will still satisfy you.

:-)
  • tassles
    tassles Posts: 172
    Options
    Pasta can be a good "diet" food...but only if you choose the right sauces....stay away from anything creamy and stick to tomato based sauces....you cant go past Neapolitan pasta sauce....low in calories and tasty! .......just go easy on the cheese! but stay away from garlic breads ..opt for a bruschetta instead!! and fill up on salads!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem. Basically because I look at the weekends like I look at mon-fri. Its the same 24 hours. You just have to learn how to adjust your lifestyle for success those two days.

If you are going to birthday parties eat before you go. You don't have to have cake or any of that junk. You want it so you eat it. When you go out to dinner eat before you go out. That way you don't over eat when you are there. Also check the menu online if you can so you will know what you want ahead of time and also check the nutritional value of the meal. If there is no info then order the food to your specification.

If you are a weekend struggler then you need to preplan your meals and stick with it. If you get bored and your mind goes to eating then get active. Do something to relieve that boredom.

Food is not the answer to boredom or life problems. The weekends don't make you do it..you do. A major part of living healthy is retraining the way you think. It leads to success.
  • lyndom01
    Options
    Thanks everyone! some great advice.

I do preplan meals etc, I just dont stick to them! im too naughty!

I will make more of an effort! and will make sure i find time to exercise!

Thank you all xx
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have the SAME EXACT problem...

during the week i am at work, less temptations to snack and sit around. At home I have the kids that keep me active BUT when they are napping or they ask for a treat, i can help but treat myself. Also, at work i have alot of support of co workers also trying to lose weight, at home i have a fiance that EATS and eats ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. At home i dont have internet available so i am not able to track my calories to keep me motivated, (i am investing in a dry erase board this weekend to help)

I def feel your frustration.