This cant be normal!!!!!

Options
I started my journey on MFP and I have lost a total of 28 lbs then gained 3 lbs back. I got under 200 lbs literally 199 and blew it. Most people get encouraged when then get under a certain number not ME!!! Its almost that i am afraid of being under 200 again. IS IT A CONFORT Zone. I dont know but it really bothers me that I feel that way!! Then I lose again and then as soon as I hit under 200 I bing again. HAs anyone had this issue? PLEASE HELP!!

Replies

• mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This past week I got under 300 again, and then this morning, I am back up to 300... I totally understand ya! For me it isn't a comfort thing, but at the same time, it is scary to know you are making a big change in your life. Maybe take this next week to regroup, refocus, and get back on track, because I know you can get back under 200 and make a change for the better. Good luck!
  • mmmary201
    Options
    @ and Now I'm back at it and up about 8lbs too. Soooo here we go again.

But yes, I too get a false sense of "i'm okay now" or "ok now I dont look that bad" when I lose weight, instead of "lets keep going" and then I slack off.
  • libertyj77
    Options
    Its all mental game with weight for me. My advise to you is stop weighing yourself but stay on top of caloric intake and exercise. Make your weigh in once a month. Then maybe you'll over come that. I got real close to getting under 200 and just platuea'd. It stunk and discouraged me. Try a detox or my above suggestion. Good luck!You can do it!
  • bmbellamy
    bmbellamy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    <raises hand> I have! Back in the '90's, I lost down to the 170's and was a size 14! I couldn't remember being THAT small since GRADE SCHOOL! I was so happy with my results and so proud of my achievement. BUT, there were two people that weren't so happy and supportive: my own family. My husband began to lose interest in me and my daughter was struggling with the fact that her Mom was smaller than SHE was. Without their support and the resulting divorce (for reasons I won't elaborate here), I used food as my solace and needless to say, I'm worse off now than EVER! I'm now remarried, have a wonderfully supportive husband (and daughter is now focused on becoming healthier) and I try to recognize those moments when I am tempted to use food for comfort.

While it's disheartening to "blow it", keep in mind that it's an achievement that you've PROVEN that you can DO! And then get busy and DO IT!

Also, if you can't do it alone, or lack a support group in your daily life, you might want to consult a therapist if you feel you are an emotional eater. They can help guide you to healthier options to cope.

Good luck!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm trying very hard to break the 200 lb barrier. I weighed in at 200.4 lbs yesterday morning. To celebrate, I ate pizza. WTF is wrong with me. Although I did do a 20 minute jog to compensate for the extra calories (I burned about 1/2 of them), I must be out of my mind. All I can say is, get back up on the wagon and keep going. Good luck to you. Just remember you're not alone!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I don't sabatoge myself on purpose but I've noticed that when what scale really starts to move, suddenly I'm more hungry. Maybe it's our body's way of trying to hold on to that padding. If you mess up, just make a decision and get right back with it. I've always struggled with each 10 mark. It seems like I take forever to get past that mark. I'm not giving up though and neither should you!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm at this at the moment. So close to 165. And that's a huge thing for me. But the closer I get there, the harder it gets to find motivation. It's as if I'm scared to see that number on my scale.
    I have no clue why. But I decided to stay far away from the scale for at least two weeks and just keep doing what I'm doing, eating healthy and exercising. I hope in two weeks I will be under that number and hopefully calm down.
    Gosh, sometimes we have to play tricks to our own minds to do what's best for us.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to break the 100kg barrier. I keep bouncing off! Must be psychological, so instead I'm now aiming for 90 and not really thinking about 99.999.
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself - throw the scales away - then you won't know! Try monitoring your measurements instead - hips & waist etc. Give it a couple of months and then hit the scales again. It will be hard, but may just be what you need to overcome this psychological barrier.

Good luck! xx
  • chattyKathi
    chattyKathi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    well I go thru the same thing, self sabotage! I don't know why I do it either. I get so mad at myself.I finally last year broke 290, haven weighed that much since 1998! but I kind of lost my support system being off from my job for three moths(summer vacation) and now I am having so much trouble getting back on track. but hopefully being on here, tracking my calories and exercise will really help. Just keep on going! you can do it!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've been there before twice and each time it is like my head decides I dont have to bother anymore and the next thing I know I am back at the begining again.... This time using MFP I hope to learn a healthy lifestyle change of eating well (and not afraid to have a few cheats) and exercise. :tongue:
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have the SAME problem.. For me, its hitting the 170s, which I haven't been at since MIDDLE school! Every time I get close/near to the 170s (last time was 183 lbs), I start this series of self sabotage, eating unhealthily and not exercising, and start gaining my weight back. I think this time, once I hit ~190 or so, I'm going to get rid of my scale for 2 months, and continue my routine. After 2 months, I think I might be able to surprise myself and get over my scale hump!
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    3 lbs is not blowing it. You are doing great. I have the same issue I just got down to 173 and freaked myself out so gained back 15 lbs- but now I know I can do it. and I am back on track. You will get a lot of advice, pick what works for you. I weight myself everyday or else I start bad habits. good luck.
  • christydufrene78
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! At least I know I am not alone!!