Excercise Bikes...

Options
Went yesterday to purchase a exercise bike and to my surprise they had a 250lb weight capacity... didn't make me feel to good... can't find one..

Replies

• jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    There are some in regular retail stores with a 300lb capacity. I fall into the range between the two and it's a specific that I look for... I am thinking about getting one, and I would love to find a used one, but it's hard to figure out if any given model is going to work for that reason.
    I know I didn't actually HELP much here... but Good luck!
  • ertgreg
    ertgreg Posts: 16
    Options
    Schwinn Airdyne has a 300 lb weight limit and you can find them all day long on craigslist. I sold one in great shape 2 months ago for $150. I see them from $150 to $300. I use an elliptical now, and like it much better. I found one at ****'s. It was a display model with 300 lb weight limit. Normal price was over $1,200 and I got it for $500. Not sure if you are over the 300 lb mark though...I was 298 2 years ago....
  • ashandbensmom
    Options
    I am not sure if you are looking for a specific kind of bike, but I have a Schwinn Recumbent bike and I love it! I ride it every day pretty much. It is much more comfortable than a regular bike. I have a bottom of the line one and the weight limit is 275. They have nicer ( more expensive) ones that go up to 300.
  • kkvon
    kkvon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    LIfe...do you already have a regular bike? If so just go buy a bike trainer. Even if you dont have a regular bike i would recomend going out to buy one and also purchasing a trainer. Here is the thing. Most good bikes dont have weight limits (specialized bikes i know for sure I have personally spoken with them ). If you goto you local bike shop and purchase a bike they will do a bike fit for you. THis will insure that the bike fits you correctly. This will make riding more comfortable and reduce the chance of injury. You dont get that from an excersize bike.

The bike with the trainer takes up the same space as an excersize bike, is a lot easier to store and you are able to go outside and ride when the weather is nice. Another plus (and i have done this) you can easily pack the trainer and the bike up in the car and take it with you.

You cant go wrong with getting your own bike with a trainer.
  • LiveLife73
    Options
    thanks everyone....