Over it--calling doc in morning for help

Options
Ok, gang, I've been sitting here all day--working off and on--and just stewing. I finally decided I'm over it and am calling doc in morning for appointment.

Many knew my frustrations lately with the weight loss--nothing for weeks then drops all of sudden. I lost 1 pound for the first 3 weeks of August, then dropped 4 pounds in a week!

Then this morning, my first time weighing in 3 days, I jump on scale sure I'll see more loss and guess what--

A FREAKING 1 POUND GAIN! :mad:

Yes, yes, yes, I know it's water weight or something because I've been really good and again, there is no way I gained a pound from eating. And I know I should measure and so if that's changed but you know what? THIS IS THE SAME STORY I'VE BEEN HAVING NOW SINCE MID-JUNE!

To top it off, I went back on my one diabetes med 1 week ago, as my levels were creeping back up on me, and I was having terrible cravings. The Metformin is supposed to help with cravings, too, so back on it I went. The doc said to "listen to my body" about when/if to take it, so that's what I've been trying to do.

But the cravings haven't stopped--I'm constantly hungry! I just feel like I could eat, eat, eat. I'm craving sweets, too, which I never do.

Then, today, no exercise at all, right--just taking a break from riding and the gym. I've felt really tired the last 2 days, too, so thought I just needed another break.

Eat my normal breakfast, sitting here on the 'puter working and start to feel like crud, so I go test.

62! My BG dropped to 62 and that's with no exercise! ARGGGGHHH!

So, I go grab a piece of bread with some honey and some PB on it and a 1/2 an apple on top of that.

Start to feel better.

It's now 3 hours later, I'm sitting here again, working away on the 'puter and start to have low feelings again--go test, I'm back at 65 :explode:

Another bit of honey--more this time, with a piece of bread, no PB, and it took an hour to get my numbers above 90. I was on verge of popping a Glucose tablet if it didn't go up soon.

But once again--I'm having to eat when I don't want to just to keep my levels up.

So, I'm over it--calling the doc tomorrow to try to see about an appointment and talk to her. Maybe she can shed some light on all of this whole mess. I don't know if it's pre-men stuff or maybe there's some other diabetes meds I could try or what. Something is causing me to routinely retain fluids obviously, and I'm on HB meds so I really shouldn't be retaining fluids. I drink plenty--I keep my sodium low--and I still retain. It's not TOM either or close to it. There is no reason I should be retaining!

Anyway, just venting--AGAIN! I was so mad I had to get it out of my system. Thanks for listening! love0028.gif

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ok, gang, I've been sitting here all day--working off and on--and just stewing. I finally decided I'm over it and am calling doc in morning for appointment.

Many knew my frustrations lately with the weight loss--nothing for weeks then drops all of sudden. I lost 1 pound for the first 3 weeks of August, then dropped 4 pounds in a week!

Then this morning, my first time weighing in 3 days, I jump on scale sure I'll see more loss and guess what--

A FREAKING 1 POUND GAIN! :mad:

Yes, yes, yes, I know it's water weight or something because I've been really good and again, there is no way I gained a pound from eating. And I know I should measure and so if that's changed but you know what? THIS IS THE SAME STORY I'VE BEEN HAVING NOW SINCE MID-JUNE!

To top it off, I went back on my one diabetes med 1 week ago, as my levels were creeping back up on me, and I was having terrible cravings. The Metformin is supposed to help with cravings, too, so back on it I went. The doc said to "listen to my body" about when/if to take it, so that's what I've been trying to do.

But the cravings haven't stopped--I'm constantly hungry! I just feel like I could eat, eat, eat. I'm craving sweets, too, which I never do.

Then, today, no exercise at all, right--just taking a break from riding and the gym. I've felt really tired the last 2 days, too, so thought I just needed another break.

Eat my normal breakfast, sitting here on the 'puter working and start to feel like crud, so I go test.

62! My BG dropped to 62 and that's with no exercise! ARGGGGHHH!

So, I go grab a piece of bread with some honey and some PB on it and a 1/2 an apple on top of that.

Start to feel better.

It's now 3 hours later, I'm sitting here again, working away on the 'puter and start to have low feelings again--go test, I'm back at 65 :explode:

Another bit of honey--more this time, with a piece of bread, no PB, and it took an hour to get my numbers above 90. I was on verge of popping a Glucose tablet if it didn't go up soon.

But once again--I'm having to eat when I don't want to just to keep my levels up.

So, I'm over it--calling the doc tomorrow to try to see about an appointment and talk to her. Maybe she can shed some light on all of this whole mess. I don't know if it's pre-men stuff or maybe there's some other diabetes meds I could try or what. Something is causing me to routinely retain fluids obviously, and I'm on HB meds so I really shouldn't be retaining fluids. I drink plenty--I keep my sodium low--and I still retain. It's not TOM either or close to it. There is no reason I should be retaining!

Anyway, just venting--AGAIN! I was so mad I had to get it out of my system. Thanks for listening! love0028.gif
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    Awww...pat, pat, pat on shoulder...I hope your MD visit tomorrow goes well. I pray that the doc has great wisdom into your health and body and is able to make you ALL BETTER! Good luck!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Wow, sounds serious!
    I would for sure get doctors help on this. I am sorry to hear about your troubles with this. I will hope the doctors can help you with a medication change.
    Good Luck and let us know how it goes!
    SM
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    ((hugs))
    I hope your doctor has some good suggestions. Take care of you!
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That is frustrating! :explode:

I wish you the best in figuring it out! :flowerforyou:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for our Shore!!!!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Gives you a big brother hug >:D< Sounds likes lots of frustration there sis :grumble: Make sure you give the doc all the pertinent info, and see what you can come up with. Don't know if you've thought about changing your meals routine or not yet, but it's an option. I *used* to be a "3 Squares-a-Day" man... but now am trying to actually work in mid morning, afternoon, and Evening Snax to help me spread the calories thu the entire day. I think I feel better, but it's too soon to tell if this will help me or not. But after doing some reading (here and elsewhere) , as long as I don't increase my total calorie count, but rather adjust it thru the day, it *should* help with the glycemic fluctuations that the body goes thru.
    Ask Banks, he's the one that turned me and Ezzie on to this idea... :happy:

Oh, and hugz from the sparkly kilt as well :bigsmile:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Called doc and got lucky--they had just had a cancellation! So I've got an appointment for this Friday at 10:00am to see what she has to say about all this. Will let y'all know if any light is shed on these issues--might help someone else with similar problems.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I hope the doc can help u! Sounds awful :(
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sending you happy thoughts and prayers that the doc can help you figure this out.
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    happens to my dad a lot too, usually because he has a bug or something. he is susceptible to colds etc as he got pneumonia during an operation and so he gets really bad chest infections, his blood sugar always crashes when he has a bug.

hope you feel better soon.

edit - damn typing thing...must get better.