MFP Cycle Gang--8/25/08

Options
2»

Replies

• lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I bought a road bike last night!! Pretty sweet deal on a practically brand new entry level bike. Came with clip-in pedals, ergonomic seat and shoes for about $300 less than retail. I'm super excited to get a ride in tomorrow!
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    riding... just not sure how many miles. Speedometer magnet is broke. :grumble:

Can anyone say.... HOT and HUMID!!! ready for summer to be over!

were going up north to ride again this weekend.... our century ride is a week from this Saturday!!!

YEA! Make sure to give us a Century report when you get back!

Will Do!

Hey... Everyone have a fantastic LABOR DAY WEEKEND!
  • familybugs
    Options
    I bought a road bike last night!! Pretty sweet deal on a practically brand new entry level bike. Came with clip-in pedals, ergonomic seat and shoes for about $300 less than retail. I'm super excited to get a ride in tomorrow!

What kind of road bike did you get?

I got a new bike too! I haven't up loaded the new picture yet... but I rode it for the first time yesterday... and it was so awesome! my shifters were shifting as smooth as silk!
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did 9.8 miles this morning on my trainer so I'm on track also. We leave for Rehoboth today and I hope to do a 60 mile ride while we're there.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Got in 21 miles this morning--it was sooooo hard to get through it. I just felt drained most of the way. Couldn't figure out until I got home and thought to check the weather conditions, which i hadn't done before I left home.

It was 79 degrees with 100%--YES 100%!--humidity! Heat factor of 88.9 degrees :sick:

That short ride took me 1 hour and 20 minutes and burnt up 935 calories!!!

Now wonder I barely made it through. I had wanted to do a long ride today but that ain't happening!

Anyway, I got in 21, which gives me [drum roll please!]

508 miles for the month!!! bouncingsmilie33nk5wp.gif

Now I'm showering and going back to bed! (not really but I wish! Got work to do today yet)
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So far 33 miles for the week and I have a ride scheduled for tomorrow, so I'm comfortable with my 40 mile goal. Also did a spin class. Good week overall.
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are awesomer and awesomerer :laugh: I have been SO busy at my job I only have time to ride on Sundays and very occasionally during the week. Last night I had 2 flats and so I only road around 20 miles, I don't really know because I forgot to charge my garmin and it died in the middle of the ride. The good news is that I made it back to my car before the rain and my bud and I had a taco at Moe's. Life is good.
  • familybugs
    Options
    Rode 20 miles on Saturday, 22 miles on Sunday and just got back from a 41 mile bike ride with my son.
    :flowerforyou:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My goal for the week was 40miles and I ended up with 45 and a spin class. Great results. This week will probably be harder as school starts and next weekend my most dedicated bike buddy is out of town. I'm going to keep the goal at 40 for another week.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    11.3 + 9.8 + 62 on Saturday = 83.1 total for last week. I don't know why I said I would do 90 last week; I think I meant 80. Oh well, the 62 mile ride my longest ever!