how are you doing it?

Options
I need to know...how are people on here losing 2 lbs a week? What are you guys doing? I'm only losing about a 1lb a week and i'm losing motivation because I'm doing everything that MFP says I should do(consuming only 1200 calories, working out like crazy and doing strengthening exercise), but Im still not losing more than 1 lb a week...

Replies

• 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    are you taking measurements too? my assumption is your are still losing inches, whether the "weight" is going down....
  • misshenn78
    Options
    Very true...I'm kind of gotten stuck at 5lbs...BUT, I feel like I'm getting smaller. And taking measurements, I'm losing the inches! :)
  • ardnassac
    ardnassac Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Don't get stuck on the number. I have averaged 1lb/week too, but lost none some weeks, and more others. If you feel better, and are losing inches you are doing great! I was frustrated too, but I keep telling myself it took time to gain the weight, it takes time to lose it.
  • Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    Options
    are you eating back your exercise calories?

If you are doing everything MFP indicates (including eating back exercise calories) for a 2 lb/week loss, maybe your metabolism is a bit slower than others (assuming that you aren't gaining muscle...that's a whole other story). Everyone is different. About 5 years ago I use to follow a 1 lb/week loss plan and I'd lose 3 lbs...today, I follow a 1.5 lb/week loss and I might only lose 1 lb.

ALSO...be proud that you are losing 1 lb a week! Don't get discouraged! What you are doing IS WORKING...maybe not the way you want it to, but it's working! Feel fortunate!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I think it's because we have more to lose. I have 70lbs to lose, it looks like you only have forty. I have more calories allotted to my BMR so I can eat the same as you and lose more. When I get to your weight I wouldn't be expecting to maitain a 2lb weightloss.
    I do need to frame this reply so when I get to 170lb, I'm not compaining about a 1lb a week loss. :wink: Funny thing is I was just folding clothes thinking about ways I could get up to a 3lb a week weight loss. I guess we all want it faster.

Best of luck to you.
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    A pound a week is healthy. You may not have that much to lose, so it could be harder. Also like others said you might be gaining muscle.
  • Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    Options
    I'd also like to add that from September to the end of December I didn't lose ANY weight! I actually gained weight! But I kept with it and NOW I'm seeing awesome results (2.2 lbs last week!) Just stick with it and eventually you'll get there. The time will pass anyway, may as well keep with it and make that passed time worth it, right?
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I need to know...how are people on here losing 2 lbs a week? What are you guys doing? I'm only losing about a 1lb a week and i'm losing motivation because I'm doing everything that MFP says I should do(consuming only 1200 calories, working out like crazy and doing strengthening exercise), but Im still not losing more than 1 lb a week...

I think if you are only eating 1200 a day that is not feeding your body enough :wink: If you are doing all that exercize you need to fuel your body :flowerforyou:

Check these threads out :drinker: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again