Challenge - NO Fast Food February

Options
The subject title pretty much sums it up. The challenge is to not indulge in food purchased from fast food restaurants and could even extend to pre-made stuff from the supermarket deli. I won't hold you to that last part. Just stay away from the fast food, pure and simple.

Replies

• weekesy
    weekesy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do my best to rise to your challenge.
  • Robes
    Robes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in... this is a good idea!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Been doing this since Sept 7, and I don't miss it one bit. Best part-- even my kids have stayed away. I feel like such a better mom, too - :)
  • jaimelynn01
    Options
    Im in too! :)
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm taking this challenge so I have a good answer to my husband's question "why can't we just go to Burger King?". I gave in to his fast food begging this weekend and went to Wendy's. Thought I was doing OK til I logged my plain baked potato and small chili...nearly 500 calories! Homemade is so much better in so many ways!
  • cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i'm in!
  • swhisson
    swhisson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I had been doing pretty well, staying away from fast foods for a while, until I had some this weekend, and I felt gross after eating it! I'm going to take on this challenge for February!
  • mrstyle25
    mrstyle25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I actually have done this since the beggining of the year, but mine goes even further. No Drive Thru's for food products. Banks and Pharmacy are excluded. So no fast food and I have to get out of the car to buy what i want, giving me that extra time to really think about my food choices even if i am at a Subway or deli shop.

Good challenge topic.
  • VictoriaMilanowski
    Options
    I'll do it!! But since we're avoiding fast food, anyone have any suggestions for what foods to take on a road trip??
  • amie1004
    amie1004 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This has completely been my down fall recently....I'm basically applying this to the main chains and such, but I still want to keep my subway/chipotle :)
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    I don't eat much fast food anymore anyway, usually just 1-2 times a month. But I am in for 0 times this month!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am so down. Only takes 21 days to make a habit.. I'm going to make the habit of NOT eating out. We should compete to see who saves the most money from this haha
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    I'll do it!! But since we're avoiding fast food, anyone have any suggestions for what foods to take on a road trip??

I've found that raw fruit and veggies and trail mix (or just some mixed nuts) are great road trip options. Vitamins, fiber, good fats, and protien!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Been doing this since Sept 7, and I don't miss it one bit. Best part-- even my kids have stayed away. I feel like such a better mom, too - :)

Wow, no fast food since September. That's pretty amazing. I guess we'll see how February goes and see if it isn't just a nice jump start to a fast food free life.

Welcome everybody else that's taking on the challenge and I wish you all the best of luck. My hardest time will be the weekends when I usually indulge in some fast food as a reward for making it through the week. Identifying your problem times is the first step. When do you usually just want to 'hit the drive thru?'
  • Alyoop626
    Options
    I'm in! As a newbie here, this will be a great way to start. It also won't hurt my budget!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am so down. Only takes 21 days to make a habit.. I'm going to make the habit of NOT eating out. We should compete to see who saves the most money from this haha

Oh, very interesting. I guess the easiest way to do that is to check last month's food spending and compare it to this month's. A very nice addition to the challenge. I'll figure this out when I get home from work and post up my results.
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% in !!!
  • morley2878
    morley2878 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm in, will be a challenge as my hubby and son love Pizza and we usually get it two-three times a month.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm in -- I've been trying to cut back on fast food and eating out in general, but I feel like this will be a challenge for me. The one thing I am going to keep, however, is Thursday night pizza with my roommate. It's a tradition and part of my self-care at the end of the week, but now we try to order a healthier, smaller pizza :)
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am in too! This will be easy as pie for me as I am already all in for losing weight right now... No cheating for me, you only cheat yourself.