Day 5 ~ 30 Day Challenge

Options
Hi all,

Like I said yesterday I am going to post everyday to keep us all motivated, I am not sure how I acquired this job, but I am gonna try and stick with it everyday. So is everyone getting in their cardio and staying within calorie goals??

My question for the day is off the subject of weight loss and exercise, but I figured we got 25 days to go so we may as well get to know each other a little bit.

Where is everybody from? and where are some of the places you have been in your life?

OK I will start, I am on my way to the gym for 60 minutes of Zumba, and I have not eaten much yet as it is only 8 am here, but I am confident that I am gonna hit my goals.

I was born and raised in Southern California (city of Orange, just 5 minutes away from Disneyland) I moved 11 years ago to Lancaster, CA (about 50 miles North of Los Angeles) I have also lived in Orlando, Florida; New Orleans, Louisiana. But I am a California girl through and through. I have been to Canada and Mexico, but never traveled across the ocean anywhere. I have visited almost all 50 states in the United States with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii. I go to Vegas at least three times a year and have been to Illinois many times (this is where I have a lot of family)

So now you know a little about me, and I hope we have a good amount of people respond today. Have a wonderful day from Sunny California!!!!!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey! I am not in your challenge group, but I wish you all success! Its a great feeling to meet your goals.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am from Canada. I started travelling when I met my husband. I always knew i wanted to see the world but I felt in security with him. Since then I have been to Mexico, Cuba, Jamaica, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Vietnam, Thailand, and the USA including Hawaii (twice).
    I had a wake up call last september when I tried to book a helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon. My husband weighs 330 lbs. If you are over 300 lbs you have to buy 2 seats. I was really bummed. I knew that over the years he had gained a lot of weight. on the plane he needs an extension for his seat belt.
    i know that i can`t force him to lose weight, but i hope that my journey to health will inspire him. when i play Just Dance on the Wii with my 2 daughters (4 and 6) he will sometimes get up and dance 1 or 2 songs with us. it`s not much but it`s a start and it made me happy.
    my 10th year wedding anniversary is coming this june and i hope to look fabulous by then. I still want to visit Europe so I hope that my husband will be there by my side.
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm up in Northern Minnesota. I took a school trip in which we drove down to Orlando, so we hit uite a few states. Myself, I've only been to the Dakota's...not much of a traveller.

I'm at work and will do my cardio later tonight. But I plan on playing the Wii...might do JD2, but for sure probably teh Wii Fit. Possibly some kickboxing, depending on how my mother in law is acting up today!!!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Hello! Hello!

Today is going to be a lighter workout day for me. I've had long workouts 6 days in a row, so today I'm just going to go for a nice long walk. Speaking of that, I live in Chicago. Our walk is going to be up north in the Indian neighborhood. I'm hoping my boyfriend changed his mind about the Indian food buffet because that's going to be tough on me. I was born and raised int his area. Technically, I grew up in Indiana, but in the Northwest part of the state, which is basically considered the Chicagoland area. I don't know anything about the rest of Indiana. I haven't really traveled abroad, unless you count a field trip to Canada in the 4th grade. Currently, I'm trying to find someone to give me money so my boyfriend and I can go to Guatemala and Mexico. ;) But I've been all over the U.S. I love the Pacific Northwest the most. I went to New Orleans about a year ago and loved it there too. I've also spent a little time in the south (Alabama and Georgia). I've been to L.A., Vegas, NY, all over the Midwest, and a brief visit to the New England area.

So there that is. :)

Have a great Sunday, everyone! Keep on truckin'!!
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    good luck on your journey! I am not in your challenge group, but I wish you all success! Its a great feeling to meet your goals.

Feel free to join our challenge, it is never too late, friend me and you will see my posts everyday...
  • sunshine18762u
    sunshine18762u Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I also do the Wii Active 30 Day Challenge and starting my 3rd week with it!! We just added Wii Fit Plus.. geesh you all just haver to try those Balance games... It's a Wonder I don't fall down every step I take.. lol lol lol..
    And the Yoga really let's you know just how tight your or MY Old muscles really are....lol :)
    It will chanellenge YOU!

I am over here on the East Coast.. in Maryland!
    I like to travel to I have seen Mexico,and little bit of the following.. VA, Fla, IA, Ind,..and Pa..

I am starting" The Cleaner Dextox for Women" system tonight, in 4 weeks I know I should have lost More than 1lb.. so maybe I just need a good Clean Out!!

Wish me Luck!!
    Good luck with all your journeys!
  • HillHoosier
    HillHoosier Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been keeping up with the challenge day by day and I'm really happy to be in a motivating group!!

I'm originally from Southern Indiana, but my husband and I now live in the Northwest Indiana area, about 45 minutes out of Chicago. I'm a graduate student studying to become a Physician Assistant and I will graduate in August. I'm really excited to get in great shape and I'm so happy to be on this journey with so many great people! Keep up the great work everyone, and I'll try to do the same! :happy:
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Like I said yesterday I am going to post everyday to keep us all motivated, I am not sure how I acquired this job, but I am gonna try and stick with it everyday. So is everyone getting in their cardio and staying within calorie goals??

thank you for doing this:smile:
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    Hi all,

thank you for doing this:smile:

Thanks, and good luck with your husband, I hope he follows your lead....by the way my mom's family is from Canada, I visited when I was 10, it was so beautiful, would love to go back soon
  • c_flannery
    Options
    I'm a bit further away than everyone else in Dunedin, New Zealand. I have travelled to Australia a few times and recently went to Fiji for my 25th birthday. It was so much fun. I have also been on an exchange through school when I was younger to Germany. Another amazing experience.

I have made a decision today to book a place in a womens triathlon that is happening on April 3rd. It's a great starting point, as the focus is all on participation and getting women out and exercising rather than on where you place. It's a 300 meter swim, 10 km bike ride and then a 3 km run. It's going to be a challenge but I need something to work towards.

In terms of day 5, I got my friend out and we ran 5km together, which took just under 40 minutes. I find that if I tell people what exercise I plan to do or that I am watching what I eat they are really supportive and telling someone you are going to do something actually makes you do it!

My goal for this week is to run the equivalent of a half marathon over the week. Anyone want to join me? It could be walking too, you don't have to run.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Southern Indiana, but my husband and I now live in the Northwest Indiana area, about 45 minutes out of Chicago.

That's wehre I grew up. Which town are you in?

Good luck on the tri, c_flannery!! Go get 'em, tiger!
  • HillHoosier
    HillHoosier Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We live in Portage! Where are you from? Small world, right? :)