Meatless Mondays!

Options
My Mom and I are starting a new challenge for us on Mondays called "Meatless Mondays". Breakfast is easy but I feel like I am having a hard time coming up with meatless lunch ideas. I am used to my sandwiches & salads with meat on them...but today I went with the flat out bread with hummus and tabouleh...but besides that I'm drawing a blank. Help!! :) Thanks in advance! :wink:

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    All I can think of that has protein is eggs and tofu :P
    Remember meat has iron which is very important
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Salads? Pasta? Watch for the cals in pasta though. Veggie pizza with a cornbread crust? Fruit salad would be a good option, as long as you don't add sugar.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Beans and lentils! Black bean tostadas, lentil soups and salads, chickpea salad for lettuce wraps. Go to www.eatingwell.com for more ideas.
  • thechurchlady
    Options
    cottage cheese and fruit salad with saltines...meatless chili....bean soup....anything with beans...they have a lot of protein....I love cottage cheese and yogurt with fruit and crackers also...I am not a meat person, so I'll think of some more and post them for you!
  • Hunterlady
    Hunterlady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    At lunch when I need a sandwich I do this:

Whole Wheat tortita filled with lettuce and /or spinach leaves chopped
    Shredded carrots
    sliced onion
    sliced red peppers
    Low fat shredded cheese
    tomato (optional)

I spread either hummus or soft avacodo rather than a mayo.
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas! Thank you all soooo much! :)
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    I like sliced tomatoes with tofu and basil on them with a sprinkling of italian herbs. Veggie stews are always really awesome too!
  • sarahthompson24
    Options
    I eat soup every lunch with some wholemeal bread. There are loads of different varieties and alot of the time they dont include meat.
    Hope this helps:smile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Darn Good Chili Mix add tomato paste and cook...really easy, meatless and so good...this coming from a total carnivore!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Bigget Loser Baked Ziti
  • skynyrdchick
    Options
    Baked potato soup (minus the bacon), Mexican (beans and rice instead of meat), Cheese pizza and let's not forget the standard; PB&J :o)