No More Fried Chicken

Options
Hey everyone I am new to this site and hope it will be helpful. As a girl from the South there are too many temptations to eat fattening in a southern college town. But there is also an opportunity for me to lose weight. I am joining a gym and am determined not to overeat. I am really happy I found this cite.

No more fried chicken or pizza for the gal!!

Replies

• WannaBeAButterfly
    Options
    Hey everyone I am new to this site and hope it will be helpful. As a girl from the South there are too many temptations to eat fattening in a southern college town. But there is also an opportunity for me to lose weight. I am joining a gym and am determined not to overeat. I am really happy I found this cite.

No more fried chicken or pizza for the gal!!
  • WMayfield
    Options
    Don't rule out Fried chicken or pizza! Just don't eat as much and log it in. As soon as you see how little food you get for that many calories, you'll cut back.

The beauty of MFP is that you don't have to ban any food--just be honest with yourself and log it in. You'll automatically make changes without feeling deprived.

Good luck!

Wendy in Texas
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Just be careful, if you totally elimanate the chicken you will crave it....Zoe
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I worked my way down. Now if i really crave it I will order 1 chicken strip at popeyes. No guilt.

When I want a peice of fried chicken I think about the 500 cal one drumstick is compared to an entire meal of
    1 chicken breast 40z
    1 tsp bbq sauce
    1 cup broccolli
    1/2 cup whole grain rice
    and I still have enough calories for a pat of butter and some strawberries.
    YUMM

I swear in 2 weeks you will wonder why you ever loved fried anything.