Bloated and miserable

Options
Had an awful week, was really good but it's that time of the month so i'm bloated and retaining water so only lost 1 lb and 1/2 inch. I know it's not the end of the world really but it's just so demotivating :(

Not at all happy.

Replies

• in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    Thats my fear.. cause my time of the month is coming sometime this week and I am scared I am gonna fall back into my old habits and see nothing on the scale.. how do you keep yourself motivated
  • karljp
    karljp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I worked very hard this week and lost nothing! Don't lose hope yet, maybe looking at this week by week is not good, I am going to try and focus month by month! Watch your sodium and drink more water so your body doesn't retain too much! Hang in there!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    ughghghg this is exactly where i am right now. having a fat / ugly day, cant stop putting things in my mouth, worked out today but felt like i was going to barf thru the whole thing, pants look awful on.

drinking ginger tea and hiding in my house till conditions improve.
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I get really bloated at that time too. But the good thing is, when you weigh in next week you'll have an extra good weigh in since you'll lose the water weight by then. My period week I usually lose 1 lb, but the next week I lose like 3 lbs so it all evens out.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    You LOST a pound during TOM??? I would be ecstatic! I gain 4 every 28 days!!! Just water weight of course but still!
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    The only thing that keeps me sane is that eating healthier, drinking more water (which is such a struggle for me) and exercising has made this time of the month much more manageable (sorry for the "m" overload...lol).
  • stella15
    Options
    Join the club! Had the worst day ever yesterday; hit McDonalds big time and managed to consume nearly 2000 calories in just one meal...and it didn't even seem that big. Today has been better though but this time of the month is a real minefield.
    Chin up. It happens to us all. The thing to do is not let it set you off on a slippery slope downhill to snacksville. xx
  • bmbellamy
    bmbellamy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You LOST WEIGHT and SIZE during that time? I'm sorry, but to me, THAT is amazing! I didn't even think that was POSSIBLE. Just wait until you weigh in next week! Stay on track and you should have a significant loss. :)
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    This sounds counter productive, considering you're retaining water ... but drink water!! Suck it down like you're in a desert and won't get anymore! I just finished my TOM and lost .8 ... I usually GAIN at least 3! I drank water like ... see above. And shockingly it helps A LOT!!!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are feeling bad. Here's a tip I learned from Dr. Oz: magnesium. Taking just 200 mg a day really helps with bloating and water retention. I checked with the pharmacist and doctor and they said of all the supplements out there, magnesium is really mild. The first week I took it, I lost 6 pounds. I still take it in the morning with breakfast everyday. I no longer feel bloated at all even during TOM.

Here is the link to that part of that episode. Part 1 and 3 of that same episode are really informative. His website has a lot of good information on it. Hope I helped!
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/6-health-plagues-women-pt-2