Crunch time Crazy training month Day one

I technically started on satuarday before I went to work and did an easy mile and a half, and sunday was a rest day but today starts my diary so you KNOW I am going to write and keep up with this beacause I vowed to write a log. Let me introduce my game plan here. I am running in a 10K on sept 28 at 10:30 AM. I am getting my butt in gear and training like an olympian. I hit the gym for a 45 minute lifting session and a quick sprint of about 5 minutes. I should have given it more of my all, but for some reason I was so drained this moring. I am going to HAVE to get used to the early morinings no matter what. I made sure I watched every morsel that I put in my mouth and made every calorie count. Meaning I didnt waste my food on junk. It made me feel WAY better and "lighter" and It was NOT easy. We had burgers on the menu at work. with YOU GUESSED IT FRENCH FRIES!!!!!! MFPers I did NOT partake in the fries. I knew that something like that as good as it tasted would not sit to well in my stomach. I also made my own "bun" with the ends of wheat bread(if you are ever in a pinch I swear it works) and dabbed off my burger. I had it with a partial cuup of soup and drank plain tea. I am trying to also kick the sweetner habit. I felt really great all day long by making sure protien was key and my good carbs, as I had been doing in the past, but now its in "overdrive". I came home from work and rested for a tiny bit almost arguing with myself about going for my evening run/sculpt. But I did it. I got changed and headed up to the elemntary school for some sprints. I did hill sprints and one loop around the lot and a couple straight away sprints. I dropped down and did some ab work and decided to call it a day. I am going to wake up earlier than the birds tommorrow to run BEFORE work. then hit the gym after and of course an evening run. I know I need to be careful and not overtrain, but I will be safe and good with it. I will post my log until race day with some killer pics of me smiling victoriously after I finish!!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    I technically started on satuarday before I went to work and did an easy mile and a half, and sunday was a rest day but today starts my diary so you KNOW I am going to write and keep up with this beacause I vowed to write a log. Let me introduce my game plan here. I am running in a 10K on sept 28 at 10:30 AM. I am getting my butt in gear and training like an olympian. I hit the gym for a 45 minute lifting session and a quick sprint of about 5 minutes. I should have given it more of my all, but for some reason I was so drained this moring. I am going to HAVE to get used to the early morinings no matter what. I made sure I watched every morsel that I put in my mouth and made every calorie count. Meaning I didnt waste my food on junk. It made me feel WAY better and "lighter" and It was NOT easy. We had burgers on the menu at work. with YOU GUESSED IT FRENCH FRIES!!!!!! MFPers I did NOT partake in the fries. I knew that something like that as good as it tasted would not sit to well in my stomach. I also made my own "bun" with the ends of wheat bread(if you are ever in a pinch I swear it works) and dabbed off my burger. I had it with a partial cuup of soup and drank plain tea. I am trying to also kick the sweetner habit. I felt really great all day long by making sure protien was key and my good carbs, as I had been doing in the past, but now its in "overdrive". I came home from work and rested for a tiny bit almost arguing with myself about going for my evening run/sculpt. But I did it. I got changed and headed up to the elemntary school for some sprints. I did hill sprints and one loop around the lot and a couple straight away sprints. I dropped down and did some ab work and decided to call it a day. I am going to wake up earlier than the birds tommorrow to run BEFORE work. then hit the gym after and of course an evening run. I know I need to be careful and not overtrain, but I will be safe and good with it. I will post my log until race day with some killer pics of me smiling victoriously after I finish!!!!