Water bottles...

So, I know I'm supposed to take in 8 cups of water per day, but I usually drink bottles of water... 16.9FL OZ. to be exact. How many bottles of water should I drink for it to be equivalent to 8 cups of water?

Replies

• arwent351
    arwent351 Posts: 4 Member
    2 bottles that size will give you 8 cups.
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    16 oz is 2 cups, so about 4....I think?
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    There is 8 oz in a cup so to get your 8 glasses a day you'll need to drink about 4 of those bottles.
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    So, I know I'm supposed to take in 8 cups of water per day, but I usually drink bottles of water... 16.9FL OZ. to be exact. How many bottles of water should I drink for it to be equivalent to 8 cups of water?
    A cup is 8oz so you have a little over 2 cups per bottle. If you drink 4 bottles you will get the recommend amout per day plus a little extra which will not hurt you at all.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Isnt 1 cup 8 oz? I you have to drink 8 cups that would be 64 oz. so that would be 3.7 (4) of those 11.9 oz bottles.
  • There is 8 oz in 1 cup. If you were to have 4 of those bottles a day you would reach your daily requirement. :drinker:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    4 bottles ( 8 cups = 64 ounces )
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Isnt 1 cup 8 oz? I you have to drink 8 cups that would be 64 oz. so that would be 3.7 (4) of those 11.9 oz bottles.
    She said 16.9 oz bottle...
  • arwent351
    arwent351 Posts: 4 Member
    apparently I can't count. it is 4 bottles.
  • IT IS 4 BOTTLES..... GOOGLE IT!! COMES OUT TO 2.1 cups per bottle....
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    You don't "HAVE TO" drink any amount of water by the way. Everyone needs a different amount of water every day. Just don't get dehydrated (depends what you eat, the weather, how much you sweat, etc) and chose water over other drinks as often as possible. That's it!!!! :smile:

I wouldn't worry about how much your getting, you don't need a set target, it just doesn't make sense. And I hope you're not buying individual water bottles, I hope you're just refilling a reusable bottle.... otherwise, :noway:
  • Dalton1720
    Dalton1720 Posts: 104
    I drink about 6-8 of these a day! And here I was worried I wasn't getting enough water…
  • Marah408
    Marah408 Posts: 1 Member
    You don't need to drink that many bottles of water. Tea and lemonade and many other things also have water in them, as well as the food you eat. I got put in the hospital for being dehydrated. But that's because I was mainly drinking soda. Soda pop of any kind dehydrates you as well as alcoholic beverages. Most people say you get drunk again the next morning if you drink water but that isn't the case. Your body is actually rehydrating itself as you drink water and the sudden change of being rehydrated is what makes you feel that way. If you drink two bottles of water before bed after drinking it will help a lot sometimes it may even keep you from getting hung over. Staying hydrated is important. There is nothing more scary that I've experienced than being dehydrated.i love water but with my busy schedule its hard to stay as hydrated as I would like to be. But my advice is no matter what you need to keep yourself hydrated. Or your body will tell you itself that you aren't treating it right. But two bottles a day a long with three small portioned healthy meals won't only keep you hydrated but it will keep you healthy to. And also if you eat something with a little Salt that keeps you from cramping and lots of water before your time of month keeps you from bloating. I hope this helps you.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,268 Member
    1 cup equals 8 ounce. so you need at the minimal of 64 ounces a day. THat is 3.8 bottles of water roughly.
  • This helped me a lot , thank you !!
  • sydria
    sydria Posts: 1 Member
    s61ria5jtspv.png

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    ashlee954 wrote: »
    She said 16.9 oz bottle...

I bet that 11.9 is a typo. 3.7 is correct.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    The old saw about drinking eight 8-oz. glasses of water a day is just that, an old saw. It has no particular scientific validity. You should, however, stay hydrated. The way to judge whether you are sufficiently hydrated is to look at the color of your urine. If it's dark yellow you need more water. If it's clear you may be drinking too much water. If it's light yellow or straw colored it's just right.

(Of course, if it's bright pink, you, like me, have the genes that make us get "beeturia" -- which is just like it sounds, pink urine from eating beets. This is harmless but a bit shocking if you forget you ate them recently.)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    edited September 2017

This thread is seven years old. I'm thinking she figured it out.

zombie_kitten.jpg
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    oops