Whole wheat pasta vs No Yolk Pasta

Options
Does anyone know what is better for you, calories and fat wise: Whole Wheat vs the No Yolks pasta. The No Yolks I am sure would taste better....but which is the best pasta to choose if you are making a pasta dish.

Replies

• Eyvette1
    Eyvette1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use the no yolks pasta. You really feel like you are getting more for less that way.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You are confusing better for you with the amount of calories and fat. calories and fat are not bad for you, it is the source of these that can make them bad. That being said whole wheat would probably be healthier but contain more calories.
  • ladyreadsalot
    Options
    Weight Watchers tells you to use whole wheat pasta. It's because whole wheat has fiber while the while pasta doesn't. Therefore, you burn calories digesting the whole wheat pasta. The only whole wheat pasta that I have found to be palatable with string pasta (spaghetti, linguini, etc.) is BioNaturae. It's available at Whole Foods. Dream Fields pasta advertises that they have fiber, and there are several others that also say they do. I don't mind the whole wheat, but you have to experiment and try different brands.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I like the whole wheat. I bought the glycemic health variety last week. Those are good also.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of no yolk, mainly because I don't really like egg noodles. I have tried several different whole wheat pastas. Some of the whole wheat pastas have flavors that are so intense, they are hard to get used to. But I found a whole wheat spaghetti at Aldi's that is only .79 for a 12 ounce box and even my kids loved it. I am going to try their other whole wheat pastas to see if they are just as good. :smile:
  • Shinersmom
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am trying to also keep my husband happy when I make a meal. I can make steamed veggies, and make him a can of pork and beans since he won't eat the veggies. I don't want it to be the same with pastas! He will say he will eat the whole wheat pasta, but when it comes down to it...he just eats around it. :(
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Try Ronzoni Healthy Harvest. They are whole wheat no yolk. 180 cals per 2oz. Less cals than no yolk. They taste really great too I think, not wheaty. And if they are in my cabinet they must be pretty cheap too :laugh:.

I put them with some chicken and veggies and some diced tomatoes and a little olive oil and then some cheese - yummy! I can eat a giant bowl for under 400 cals, even with the cheese!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am trying to also keep my husband happy when I make a meal. I can make steamed veggies, and make him a can of pork and beans since he won't eat the veggies. I don't want it to be the same with pastas! He will say he will eat the whole wheat pasta, but when it comes down to it...he just eats around it. :(

My hubby always complained about WW, but if you get the right kind... he did not even realize that that is what he had been eating for several months! All the while while he complained he did not like WW if I mentioned it :laugh:. Some I can see why he doesn't like it though - but I think that was whole grain pasta.