For some reason I have a taste for deviled eggs...should I o

Options
autumntia
autumntia Posts: 72 Member
I was thinking of just making 2 for lunch (splitting 2 eggs to get 4 halves) I could make the center filling with a little miracle whip, and dijon mustard instead of mayo...I think it would be yummy, high protein and low fat? What do you guys think?

Replies

• up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds delicious!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I've been making a curry egg salad for a week now for lunch...go for it.

Another sub for mayo is plain greek yogurt.
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Go for it! They are high in protein!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I think you should make a whole dozen...eat your two, and save the rest for me!!
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Now I am craving egg salad. Will have to boil some eggs for later!
  • autumntia
    Options
    YAY deviled eggs it is!
  • jmcniel
    jmcniel Posts: 65
    Options
    Now I am craving egg salad.

Oh yes! I love me some egg salad.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I love deviled eggs! I have two recipes. One calls for Greek Yogurt, Chutney and Curry Powder. If I have time, I put cucumber slices on top. The other is more traditional with mayo and spicy brown mustard.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    do it! and if you want to replace the mayo with non fat greek yogurt you'll seriouslky decrease the calories in the without comprimising on taste! go for it!
  • autumntia
    Options
    do it! and if you want to replace the mayo with non fat greek yogurt you'll seriouslky decrease the calories in the without comprimising on taste! go for it!
    I am all out of Greek yogurt I only have organic low fat vanilla yogurt in the fridge, idk about using it for them though, lol!
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    I do mine with miracle whip light and sprinkle some paprika or chili powder on top!
  • littlemissbogus
    Options
    Skip the mayo altogether. I make deviled eggs with a little bit of stone ground mustard (using a brand free of sugars and yucky additives) and they taste great! I'll eat 2 with a green salad for lunch. Eggs are an amazing source of protein.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Another sub for mayo is plain greek yogurt.

YES this stuff is aweseome - no fat, tons of protein. Use yogurt!!!
  • amr_227
    Options
    Now I want develed eggs too!! Or maybe egg salad sandiwch with some lettuce on it.