HRM

Options
I'm thinking about getting one (finally) bc I work out a lot, and I'm tired of guesstimating my cals burned etc. I dont want to make a huge investment, but I also don't want to waste my money on a cheapo.
What kind do you have, do you use it, where'd you get it, and about how much was it?

Replies

• gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting one (finally) bc I work out a lot, and I'm tired of guesstimating my cals burned etc. I dont want to make a huge investment, but I also don't want to waste my money on a cheapo.
    What kind do you have, do you use it, where'd you get it, and about how much was it?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F11...I use it every day that I work out, which is 6x a week, so it gets around 10-12 hours of use per week. It is AWESOME. It monitors HR, cals burnt, % fat/sugar utilized, creates workouts, separates HR into low/med/high, tests your Own Index, and stores 40 workouts. It was $140, my bf got it for me for my bday.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and use it every time I work out. It also monitors HR, calories burned,, % fat burned. It was about $110 on the Polar website. I love it. :smile:
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have polar F11- LOVE it, use it every day
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ok wait, but I cycle a lot also. Are there certain ones for people who bike?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Polar F4 here.... I finally figured mine out...sorta
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Suunto and it has different "pods" that you connect for biking, GPS, etc.

I use it every day for working out and can't imagine life without it! The only negative I can find about it is that it doesn't work for swimming.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have a Reebok Precision XT that I got for a steal at $25 (with shipping) from woot.com. I have only had it about a week or two, but so far, I'm digging it. It helped me realize that the stupid machines in the gym were overreporting my calorie expenditure for the most part. Has really helped me figure out my actual cal expenditure, as well as motivate me to bust my tail to burn more. For the dirt cheap price, the Reebok is great. Comes with a chest strap and wrist watch, as well as a bike mount. Might be able to find one cheap on eBay.
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    I have a Polar FS1 that gets the job done. It was $50 at Target and I wear it every time I'm doing something that might count as exercise. So far, no problems with it and it's accurate.