Exercise Calories

Options
Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but how much of my exercise calories do I need to be eating? I already get 1620 calories a day, and I usually eat about 1500 of them, but on days that I go to a spin class or boot camp class I burn an extra 700-900 calories, I don't need to eat all of these do I ?

Replies

• lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

these posts will answer any questions you have about getting started and exercise calories.
  • DavidPeugh
    Options
    What is you weight loss goal per week set at?
  • Nikkinalgas
    Nikkinalgas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i didnt know we were supposed to eat any of them? Hopefully someone answers this. Cause now i am curious.
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should be eating most of them back!!! Your body needs energy so it doesn't go into starvation mode!!! :) It is harder to lose weight when you do that.
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    as long as your NET calories dont go under 1200 your good.
  • BacktoSam
    Options
    Okay thanks :) My goal weight loss is set at 1 lb per week right now.
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    as long as your NET calories dont go under 1200 your good.

Sorry...but not true! If you think of it, 1200 calories is your body's limit WHEN you are sedentary ( no exercise!). When your body burns more calories, it needs more to "survive" and not go in to starvation mode. So , YES you have to do your best to eat the calorie goal MFP gives you because it already calculates what you need to LOOSE weight even including the exercise calories!
  • DavidPeugh
    Options
    Since your goal weight loss is 1lb per week, you have more wiggle room for the amount of exercise cal to eat. I have mine set for 1lb a week also. For me that amount is 2090 cals, while my food cal per week to lose 2lbs is 1570 so I try to finish each day with between 0 - 520 cals left over.