Kettlebells: getting back into it today

Options
Hey! I am a 31 mother of a 2 year old and am finally getting healthy and fit again! I started workign out to Lauren Brooks' kettlebell dvd again today - anyone else use it before? If not, what are you using for your kettlebell workouts? I am also doing HIIT on the treadmill for alternate days.....

Replies

• purplefreak60
    purplefreak60 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a DVD by Bob Harper that I use and Jillian has a 30 minute KB workout that I found on Comcast On Demand Exercise TV. They are similar but different. I've decided to use them together and make it an hour KB workout...haven't done it yet tho!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love Lauren Brooks. I also really like AOS Newport, but it's pricey. It only goes on sale like 2x a year. Target has a 4 dvd pack of workouts by Sarah Lurie. It's a phenomenal deal on some great workouts.

Congrats & good luck on starting your fitness journey again!! :flowerforyou:
  • strongdog68
    Options
    If you like mixing bodyweight exercises and kettlebells, look up some of the workouts on YouTube by Steve Maxwell. The workouts are simple, tough, and effective for both men and women. Also look up some of the Spartan 300 workouts posted on YouTube as well. A lot of women I know think these workouts are for men, but women's bodies respond basically just the same (except for muscle hypertrophy) as mens. So, you can burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time with these type of workouts.
  • mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You can do several kettlebell complexes, just google them, they're a lot of fun and really get you going. I'm in love with KB's, waiting on my 90 pounder to get here, will be a whole new beast to tame.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    youtube it :)

Or 10 reps on each arm, no rest
    swing, snatch, squat, clean, press.

Do a couple of rounds of that.