Pork Chops

baileycd
baileycd Posts: 4 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Hi -- My husband and I have recently started on MFP and are learning new recipes. I have some pork chops I would like to cook tonight for dinner. I was thinking about baking them in the oven. Does anyone have any yummy recipes for us to try out with these pork chops? I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Replies

• ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    YES!

OK.........first question....do you like sour cream, dill, onions and dijon mustard????

If you do, then here ya go

Take 1 Cup LOW FAT OR NO FAT Sourcream...............3 TBSP dijon mustard..........Onions (however much you would like)..........and 3 TBSP of FRESH DILL.....Mix all together and coat the top of your porkchops....OH MY GOODNESS, YUMMMMY!!! U can do that with Salmon too (fresh salmon out of the fish market :) not frozen) i cooked that Friday and saturday night and it was delicious!!!!!

ALSO, you can add some fresh minced garlic to the mix too :D.......i baked mine for 40 minutes on 450......so moist and goooood :D
  • All I know is that broiled roast pork loin is really high in calories. I had no idea until I goton this site . I would think baked meat would be the least fattening.
  • baileycd
    baileycd Posts: 4 Member
    Oh wow! That sounds really great! I am going to try that one out! I don't have very many recipes up my sleeve so any that I can add to my cookbook I am glad to try!

Thanks for sharing :)
  • I also have pork chops for supper...just came on here to look for ideas..great minds think alike!!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    If you have a good piece of meat, a pork chop pretty much by itself can be very delicious and flavorful. I like mine bone-in and I season with a little salt and pepper - a nice sear in a hot pan with a bit of oil and then into the oven to finish cooking at 400. (if you can, use an oil with a higher burning temp, like grapeseed) A note - I usually buy pork chops that are a good 1.5-2 inches thick, so if you have a thin cut it will cook fast and you may not even need to put it into the oven.

Just don't overcook your pork into oblivion - a meat thermometer is your friend - and you should be looking for about 150-155 on your pork chop. Also, let them rest for a good 5-8 minutes after you take them out. This does cook them a bit more and allows the juices in the meat to redistribute instead of running all over the plate as soon as you cut into it.

Pork chops can be high in calories, so I usually eat them with some steamed veggies, a big salad, or some apple sauce or roasted apples in the oven with cinnamon/nutmeg/sprinkle of brown sugar.

Good luck :)
  • break out the grill. I've got a gas grill and find I can shave a ton of cal and fat by using it vs. pan fry or bake in it's own grease. Yes I know it's 15 outside. but, do love my grilled food.
  • Here's a recipe from the Biggest Loser that we eat all the time. It is so easy and DELICIOUS!

Hoisin Glazed Pork Chops:
    Olive oil in a sprayer (not store bought that contains propellant)
    4 trimmed boneless pork loin chops about 3/4" thick (4 oz each)
    1 tsp garlic powder
    Salt, to taste
    Freshly ground black pepper to taste
    1/4 c hoisin sauce

Preheat Broiler. Line small baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with olive oil.
    Spray both sides of chops lightly with olive oil. Season evenly with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place chops on the baking sheet and broil about 3" from broiler 2 minutes per side.
    Remove chops from oven. Brush or spread 11/2 tsp of hoisin sauce over each chop. Return to oven and broil 1 minute longer. Turn chops and brush each with an additional 11/2 tsp sauce. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until pork is just barely pink inside and hoisin sauce is a bit caramelized. Serve immediately
This discussion has been closed.