vitamins

Options
Do you take a vitamin supplement? I can't decide if I need one or not. Last year I was going to the gym and was taking GNC vitamin packs. I had absurd amounts of energy, lower appetite and one of the pills "targeted belly fat". Now, I tend to believe all those changes came by because of the excercise, not the vitamins.

So I was just curious if you take them. If so, which ones.

Replies

• Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    I take one.... I am low on Iron so I take one to help with that. I dont think it would hurt you by taking one.
  • sstrose
    Options
    I take a slew of them I don't buy the packets but watched a great movie and here is what I take to make my own packets dear:

1. Vitamin C
    2. PreNatals over the counter purchased
    3. B-complex
    4. Spirulina (algae)
    5. Acidopholus
    6. Magnesium
    7. Niacin
    8. Folic Acid
    9. Biotin (skin and nail growth)
  • appleshells
    Options
    I have heard prenatals are the best to take!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin and an iron supplement.

I do believe that it gives me more energy. I don't necessarily feel it, but I feel like I'm dragging if I miss a day or two in a row.
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I took multivitamins and cod liver oil (this one for my joints) I recorded them on my food diary and showed that while taking them I was waaay over my vitamin levels, so I decided to stop taking them both and see what vitamins I got from eating better food and if I don't get enough vitamins then I can take the tablet to make up for it.
  • sstrose
    Options
    Yes my internist recommended them and I pop two of those a day to get a good heavy dose of it all, it's called super dosing on vitamins what your body doesn't need it flushes it out without any negative effects.