Taking the first step

svanduy3
svanduy3 Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I'm trying to get myself back to a healthy weight and to a place where I feel more comfortable about my body. I am working close to full time hours and I'm a full time student which in the past I have used as an excuse to eat unhealthy and to not exercise. I did a fitness bootcamp for five weeks starting in June and ending in July, then I went on vacation and promptly started school when I returned and have really let my eating habits and exercise slump since then. A couple of co-workers have been trying to cut their calories intake down to 1,200 a day and I've been trying to follow their footsteps but am finding it difficult to monitor myself. That's why I decided to use My Fitness Pal in hopes that talking on the message boards with others with similar goals and being able to track my intake and exercise more precisley will help me stay on track and motivated.

Replies

• I'm trying to get myself back to a healthy weight and to a place where I feel more comfortable about my body. I am working close to full time hours and I'm a full time student which in the past I have used as an excuse to eat unhealthy and to not exercise. I did a fitness bootcamp for five weeks starting in June and ending in July, then I went on vacation and promptly started school when I returned and have really let my eating habits and exercise slump since then. A couple of co-workers have been trying to cut their calories intake down to 1,200 a day and I've been trying to follow their footsteps but am finding it difficult to monitor myself. That's why I decided to use My Fitness Pal in hopes that talking on the message boards with others with similar goals and being able to track my intake and exercise more precisley will help me stay on track and motivated.
  • Welcome Svanduy3,

This site will help you - I've been tracking my intake and excersise and have had success, little by little, but it is there.

Best Wishes :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    That is great you are doing it NOW>

I just know you will do great! :flowerforyou:
  • I work at a university library, babysit four children, and go to school full time too. I have been using my busy schedule as an excuse to keep from losing weight. Recently, I decided I had enough of feeling fat and worthless all the time. So, I am doing something about it. I started walking and taking the bus to school ( which forces me to walk a great deal more), but its just not enough. I keep waiting till I am just starving before I eat at the end of the day. This leads me to pigging out. So hopefully if I have to keep track of every morsel I can finally stop overeating. I hope your diet plan goes well. Wishing you the best and I completely understand where your coming from.
  • I have a major overeating issue that I have battled all my life. I have been doing some similar things like taking the bus, and walking to the bus stop and walking from the bus stop to campus and such. If you need any support feel free to vent to me, it sounds like our situations are VERY similar.
  • Wecome:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.