Getting Dizzy . . . . . . .

Options
I noticed the last week, when I get off of the precor bike, I have been dizzy and lightheaded. I bike for 30 minutes, reach my peak cardio, but not high cardio. I am not sure if maybe it is the change in my meds (I take some pretty strong meds for my degenerative disc disease that takes care of the pain in my legs and feet that my neurostimulator implant does not cover) or if maybe I should back off on time on the machine. I am at weight loss program 1 and resistance 4, so I don't know that I can lower that any. =S

I also found that after my work out on the dozen machines that I use (3 times a week), that I have also been a bit woosy, not dizzy, but enough that I feel the need to sit down for a couple minutes before I can continue to the exercise spa where I do stretches and take advantage of the jets. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I would see your doc about that. Regardless of what anyone on here can tell you, that seems like a doctor-worthy complaint to me, especially if it's never happened before. It very well could be the medication, in which case, you need to get checked out.
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That happens to me sometimes as well, but I have had equilibrium problems for most of my adult life due to low blood pressure...I find that having a light snack about 30 minutes or so before I work out helpd a lot. I am thinking it has to do with blood sugar, but I am not an MD or anything. That's just my experience.
  • darrenw74
    darrenw74 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you just started your calorie deficit, this is normal. The same thing happened to me, and many other people in the forums.

It does pass, once your body adjusts.

Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of water.
  • meglane
    meglane Posts: 39
    Options
    Dizziness is caused by a lot of things. Are you getting enough water? food?

It may be due to your meds too. I would look into the side effects of your medication. You shouldn't be getting that dizzy on the machines. You can call your local pharmacist about your meds and maybe consult with a doc about your weight loss goals.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Seeing the doc is best. Could be cause your using your legs all the blood is heading there, then when you stand up you get head rush. Or you could be reaching your VO2 max and your starving for oxygen.
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You eating and drinking enough?
  • RiverWild
    RiverWild Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Please, please, please go see your doctor. It may be something very simple, but it isn't worth the risk. Best wishes to you.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm a diabetic and this is how I feel after a workout if my blood sugar gets too low - exercise lowers blood sugar.

Try having a string cheese and a small piece of fruit before working out next time. See what happens.
  • Minnie308
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. I believe that I am getting enough water, I always drink 750 ml while working out, as well. It did just start, I have a call in to the doc, we will see what he has to say. I may need to eat some protein prior to my workout. I haven't had a big change in calorie intake, and I don't normally eat breakfast, but this just started. I am a bit puzzled and wondering if it isn't the meds now that I have read some of your helpful feedback on this. Thanks again =)