Options
Hi all,

I'm a newbie here! Looking for some motivation and help losing weight. A few years ago I got divorced and lost weight (which I hear is normal) and was at a healthy weight. I recently met and married the man I've searched my whole life for and have put on over 25lbs in the last year and a half!! My friends say its because I'm finally truly happy. Um, not so happy with my body and I know I'm at an unhealthy weight and need to stop it NOW.

So I found this site and hope to find some buddies and some encouragement!. I love how easy it is to track calories and it makes me very cognizant of what I'm eating know I am putting in here.

I don't want to be on a diet, I just want to change my lifestyle!

Replies

• katiepool129
    Options
    I think it is def a sign of happiness but you've come to the right place for support and motivation. It's great hearing what other people are doing. Feel free to add me :)
  • paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your journey.
  • SillySarah
    Options
    Welcome!

It's encouraging to hear about the ways in which others are keeping their own health a priority. Good for you! You can do this!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! If you would like some motivation feel free to add me!
  • drmchsr1969
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and I am here to tell ya, you would have thought that they had signed my death warrant. All the experience that I have had with diabetics has not been good and it terrified me. I think a cancer diagnosis would have set better in my mind because I have seen many people recover from cancer, not so much with the diabetics. After a LOT of reading and learning about the disease I have come to believe that it really is one of my many blessings, I can have diabetes but that doesnt mean that it has me, or ever will have! I hit the road to healthy eating like a bandit but not really knowing exactly what I should be doing. This site is a God send to me and know that it will help me in my ultimate goal, to be off of the medication and have it under control thru diet and exercise by Dec 21, 2011. Weight loss right now is a bonus, simply because my mission right now is to undo all the nasty habits that got me in to this boat!