JM 30 Day Shred Question

Options
So I started the 30 Day Shred today and have a question - I live in an apt complex and I am upstairs. I can't really be doing jumping jacks upstairs at 6am or at anytime really. Does anyone else have this problem and if so what do you do for the carido circut instead of the jumping around excersies????

Replies

• Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Fortunately i don't have that problem at the moment.... but, instead of doing jacks you can do mountain climbers or maybe burpees without a jump at the end if you google these moves under images you can actually pull up images that will show you how to perform these moves if you don't know what I'm talking about. another thing you could try is power knees or maybe a jump rope without the rope. I'm not sure how thin your floors are but maybe you could try them later in the day just to see how much noise you make with them? Hope this helps.
    Sarah
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I had that exact same problem last year. Talked with the downstairs neighbors and they were okay with noise in the afternoon/early evening -- so as long as it's after 8 or 9 in the morning and earlier than 6 in the evening, I jump around all I want and no-one complains. Depends on the schedule of your neighbors and how understanding they may be (and how good the insulation is between apartments.) I'm lucky enough not to be working right now, so I have the flexibility to workout in the afternoon.

I agree that moves like mountain climbers could be a good alternative. Or kickboxing moves -- kicks and punches can keep your heartrate up without any bothersome noise.

Good luck!
  • debgiles222
    debgiles222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and have the same problem. I kind of found a place away from furniture so at least that wasn't shaking and making noise and I think that helped. We have carpeted floors and I try to go light when landing as well so I'm just hoping it doesn't make too much noise and going to keep doing it until they say something. Otherwise I'll just have to move it to later in the day which will be more difficult to do
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem AND bad knees, so I find myself substituting a lot more "punches" (Jillian says they're still great cardio) when she is doing jumping jacks and/or butt kicks.
  • tinajjohnson
    Options
    I am considering purchasing this. I've had some issues with work out DVD's in the past because of working out on carpet...I almost through out my back last year doing that Julianna Hough Ballroom dancing one. Anyway, are there any issues being on carpet with this workout DVD plan?
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas! the mountain climbers and more punches are definitely doable, i'll have to play around to see what i can get away with to keep my heart rate up and not make too much noise.

right now i'm working out on an area carpet in my living room with a yoga mat and so far so good.
  • loriefolk
    Options
    You could try a foam mat. When doing jumping jacks don't allow all of your weight to fall to your feet when landing, try to keep most of the workout in your calves and thigh for a more effective workout :) If you do this, you shouldn't have any problem with others hearing you at all.