Almond Milk?

Options
2»

Replies

• cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    I dig almond milk, but I'm completely in love with hemp milk.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I use rice milk. I've never tried almond milk. Rice milk tastes exactly the same as using skim milk, to me, but I only use it in recipes or bowls of cereal; I've never drank a glass of it.

But I'm lactose intolerant, as well.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I love Silk soy milk!! I always have a carton of Very Vanilla in my fridge! I might try the almond milk too. I love almonds haha
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    It's not the same nutritionally as cow's milk, but the taste is a lot better than soy milk, in my opinion. I'm lactose intolerant, so I can't drink milk. Almond milk is my favorite substitute. It's a little sweet, and very tasty. It probably doesn't taste anything like cow's milk, but I'm not sure since I haven't had cow's milk in several years.

Same here, I like almond milk better than soy milk. The chocolate is 100 calories a cup, and has tons of calcium. Seeing as how I don't consume dairy I need all the calcium I can get...
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    In my house we have skim milk, unsweetened soy milk, and unsweetened almond milk at all times. Each milk has it's own uses. I prefer skim milk in my cereal, where my husband like the almond milk in his. I use the soy milk in my milk frother for lattes and in my smoothies since it has less sugar. The shelf life is so much longer on the almond and soy milk but I usually have to run to the store to buy more anyway. I could have a spare fridge full of the almond and soy. Try the chocolate or vanilla to drink plain if you'd like but keep in mind the flavored ones have more sugar in them.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I just bought some this weekend. I haven't had a chance to use it, but I did take a sip to try it out. To me it tastes a lot like almonds (go figure) but a bit sweeter. I liked it!