Zumba?

Options
Does anyone else do Zumba for exercise? And how do they add it to their exercise tracker? It didn't show up when I searched for it so I'm not exactly sure what to do...

Replies

• Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i posted a question like this too lol i take a zumba class at my gym and i just log it in as dancing, aerobic zumba is mainly described as a "dance fitness workout" so i figured that would be the closest bet
  • sneakers71
    Options
    it is safe to say 500 calories burned. usually its more, but better to be under(?)
  • Mrswilko
    Options
    I use that too - works out about 409 calories for 60 minutes....

They say on the website it's 500-800 i think but i think they might be exaggerating a tad!
  • vegasgirl92
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies!! Okay, I'll go ahead and just say its dancing lol
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    yeah mine is like only 3hundered something for 60min! I dont feel like it is all that challenging for me but i guess i burn less cause maybe my weight?
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Zumba is super variable, since each instructor has a different intensity level. I'm guessing that's why they don't have it on MFP. I've been to some zumbas and burned 300, and others 600. If someone in your class is wearing a heart rate monitor ask them or maybe your instructor.

PS: If your gym offers it, try bodyjam :)
  • Mrswilko
    Options
    I got to 4 different classes and they range from it feels like I'm having a bit of a giggle to high energy fitness and the one i prefer combines the 2.

I find in the easier ones I tend to work that bit harder and use the higher intensity moves whenever I can (even adding other classes' moves to intensify the work out)

I've tried bodyjam and love it, but I haven't been for ages! I like all the body classes although I've not tried body combat yet!