I am new and looking for help

Options
I signed up on this website last week for the first time ever. I am in a weight loss challenge right now that lasts for 14 weeks. Week 1 is down and I've lost 4 lbs so far. I really would like to keep up the 4 lbs a week loss but I am lost as to what I should be doing. Last week I did 2 times in the gym, another day walking and another day kayaking against the current. I really would like it so this 4 lbs a week thing doesn't drop off because if I keep this up then I can be my ultimate goal weight by the beginning of June.

I really hope to gain some knowledge and friends

Replies

• BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • mmahorn
    mmahorn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    u can b my friend :-) a 4lb loss may not continue for too long btw - jus letting u know xx
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    Options
    Good luck we are all here to help
  • emcohen
    emcohen Posts: 46
    Options
    4 pounds per week is going to be tough to maintain going forward but it's worth a try, right?

I'd say varying activities like you did is the way to go. When you go to the gym, do you do only cardio? Or weight machines? If you aren't, definitely try lifting a little to change things up.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    4lbs a week is actually bad it means your losing alot of muscle too the first couple weeks are because of water weight :)
  • Hammock
    Hammock Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome! THIS IS THE BEST GROUP EVER! I AGREE WITH THE PERSON WHO SAID YOU WON'T LOSE 4 LBS every WEEK, BUT YOU WILL LOSE SOME, AND IF YOU EXERCISE, THAT IS TOTALLY THE KEY! IT IS GREAT TO HAVE AN EXTRA TREAT IF YOU WANT IT, BECAUSE YOU EXERCISED. GOOD LUCK!