body bugg/ fitbit

Options
I was just wondering if anyone uses either the Body Bugg or Fitbit or something similar? I have a friend who uses the Body Bugg and it tracks her every move and gives her total calorie burn for the day.
If you do have one of these or something similar, how do you like it? do you use it everyday?
I think I would really like to have something like this but not sure which is right for me.

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am curious too. Also, do you have to pay a monthly fee for these?
  • fattyacids
    Options
    ok :D
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I use it every day. There is no subscription, so that's why I chose it over the Body Bugg.

I like that it tracks my steps, sleep, calories burned, and activity level. However, I do use MFP to track my calories since the fitbit site isn't as streamlined as MFP.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the Body bugg. I have had it for going on 3 weeks. I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really keeps me on track. Dont know how I lived without it before.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg - I've been using it for a year and I LOVE it! Yes, you have to have a monthly subscription. The bodybugg is 9.99 a month. It's totally worth it for me!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I use it every day. There is no subscription, so that's why I chose it over the Body Bugg.

I like that it tracks my steps, sleep, calories burned, and activity level. However, I do use MFP to track my calories since the fitbit site isn't as streamlined as MFP.

I'm the one who posted the other thread mentioned above. I wound up ordering the fitbit. The monthly subscription on top of the fact that I thought it was very expensive was why I chose against the body bugg. I believe it's probably a great product, but for what I"ll use it for (i.e. don't need the web so much b/c I have this, just need somethign to tell me calories) the fitbit was the way to go. I ordered it about 3 hours ago and just received confirmation that it has shipped, too.

Also, I wouldn't purchase a product for the sole purpose of tracking sleep progress, but the fitbit does that if you wear it. I understand the Body Bugg might do that too. But the FitBit is a little smaller. I often don't think I'm sleeping very well so this will help me evaluate if I need to make changes there too.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for all the info everyone! best wishes to all for continued success!