Options
2»

Replies

• TrudyMay
    Options
    bump :)
  • marinamoreno
    Options
    Oh man, that sounds GREAT! Thanks for sharing!
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like my bonless skinless chicken breast (appx. 4oz so 110 cal's) cut up into either bites, strips or you can eat the whole breast with either French's Buffalo Sauce 5cal's per tbsp or Lawry’s has new liquid marinades, Signature Steak House and Buffalo BBQ are good and add loads of flavor in just 30 minutes. I look for sauces and marinades that don’t have sugar, corn syrup or other sweeteners as the main ingredient, and these don’t.
    They have 10 calories in one tablespoon, and are really yummy. The Buffalo one taste like Buffalo wing sauce, but also would be good on pork, ribs or turkey breast.

So what I do is cut up the breast into 8-10 bite size pieces, which would make them roughly 10-15cal's each and depending on which sauce you use you add 5-10 more cal's per bite...not bad for cal's and delicious! So I marinate them for 30min to an hour and then bake in the oven at 350 for about 45min then pop them into the broiler for the last 3min or so (keeping a very close eye on them) to get em a little crispy. The good thing is about doing it this way, is their not fried but still taste delicious, most people won't even be able to tell, and you can use Lawry's and make a whole platter with different flavors!! Also good as a whole breast for dinner with a salad and a tbsp of fat free sour cream or yogart dressing. Good luck :)

That's pretty low cal sauce. I'll have to try it out! Thanks!
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just checked out the info on Franks Redhot Buffalo wing sauce.

Here it is:

FRANK’S® REDHOT® BUFFALO WING SAUCE
    Net Wt.: 12 FL.OZ. (354 mL)
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving size:1 tbsp. (15 mL)Servings:23 Calories:0 Amount Per Serving % DV*
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Sodium 460mg 17%
    Total Carb .0 0%
    Protein 0g
    Vitamin A 6%

* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
    INGREDIENTS:
    Distilled Vinegar, Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Salt, Water, Canola Oil, Spice, Natural Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate (As A Preservative), Natural Butter Type Flavor And Garlic Powder.

Other than the sodium, wow, kinda hard to pass that up!