Okay...New to this...

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Joe. I started with MFP on Jan 4, 2011 (One day after my 42 birthday!) weighing in at 289 pounds. I have tried dieting in the past and usually lasted a week, maybe two..then fell off the wagon and right back to the bad habits. Everytime I have went on a diet, I NEVER counted calories or points or any of the other millions of things that are out there... So this is a first! I looked up diffrent APP's on my Iphone and found this one, and havent looked back! I took the first week and adjusted myself to no Mt. Dew..yes, 4 to 5 can's a day...REAL HEALTHY! Then of course the constant fast food meals because of lack of planning or time with my job (Just an excuse I have found out..) When I added up with MFP what my "Normal" intake was on an average day, I was blown away to see that I was taking in almost 4800-5000 calories a day! MFP put down to 1830 per day and I have stayed at 1200-1300 per day..and have been feeling great...The second week till now I have been working out on the elliptical every morning, doing an AB work out in the evening and sneaking over to the gym during work hours..(I have a great employer and a GYM is right next door!) I weigh myself every friday and this past friday i came in at 259!! My goal was to get down to 245..but..well see after this week. This Friday's weigh in will be exactly one month that I have been doing this and following my plan and counting EVERY thing i take in...Im pretty excited...Im hoping to hit the scale this Friday the 4th and be at 254.

Little about me...I have been married for 18 years, three great kids, oldest 16, youngest 6. My wife has been using MFP for just a week shorter than I have and has been doing great also! My profile pic is me right before Xmas when i was coming in at 289...I will post another pic...after this friday's weigh in...Love seeing all the inspirational stories of success on here. I can tell I picked the right community to track myself on. Thanks! Joe.:happy:

Replies

• MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far!
  • callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    wow wish I could lose 30 pounds in a month great job.. and your right about the app it is great.. I love the barcode on it that is such a great assest
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Can't wait to see new pics. Great that you and your wife can do this together. Still trying to get the hubby on board here. Keep up the GREAT work!
  • jpasinc
    Options
    Thanks everyone....The funny thing, as many times as I have started doing something like this, I lost motiviation...this time, feels diffrent, maybe cuz im actually starting to see results and love the way ive been feeling now...SOO MUCH MORE ENERGY! Thanks again for the kind words!
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and welcome! I've been on this site for almost three years, and it's great!
  • Aaronc909
    Options
    Awesome Job! Keep up the motivation :).