Newbie to the site, but not to the fight

Options
Hey all a good friend of mine suggested that I check this site out because, like many, I have been battling the weight-loss epidemic. Back in August I weighed 240 pounds and I had finally had enough of just sitting and not being able to do anything with my family. I decided to get off my tuckis and start exercising and watching what I ate. As of this morning I am proud to say that I am down to 194 ... BUT my ultimate goal is to be in the 140-150 range.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on your success thus far! Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love your topic newbie to the site but not the fight i feel the same!!! i just signed up here but ive been dieting for 20 years and im only 27!
  • messymissy
    Options
    Happy you joined Mary! This is a great place for support and sooo easy to use! Let's do ths!
  • chicka78
    Options
    Mary, that is great weight loss, keep up the hard work. This food tracker allows you to see what really happening in your diet. Good Luck!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • bucka
    bucka Posts: 2
    Options
    hello people!
    i just joined and i am decided to win this fight! all though it's my first day of dieting (well this year anyway:D) my moto is - positive thoughts :D we can do it ladies!
  • nachisdoll
    Options
    Bucka- positive thoughts is a great attitude I might just adopt it as well! tnx! 'think good and it will be good"
  • bucka
    bucka Posts: 2
    Options
    u definitely should! :D I don't know if it will work but it can't hurt!
    u should also see the movie The Secret! it was a revelation for me :)
  • shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    keep positive and goodluck all x
  • nachisdoll
    Options
    my sis saw that movie and said the same thing...i guess i should give it a try....doesnt hurt