Suggestions for a decent calories needed a day calculator?

Options
While I am losing weight at this time by following what MFP recommends for my daily calorie needs, does anyone know of other good and decently reliable calculators online to give me an amount of what I would need to maintain my weight once I get there? I am getting a HUGE range difference from different sites... up to 500 calories a day between two of the sites. One site told me to maintain my current weight of 168 to eat 1535 calories. That is only like 300 more than what I eat NOW and I am losing weight. I am trying to learn to eat healthier so that I can maintain these eating habits even after I reach my ideal weight of 150 (I am 5'11) but don't want to be on a diet FOREVER!!!! Thanks!

Replies

• ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    MFP has a maintenance mode. Just go to settings, then update your fitness profile. It's in the pull down menu.
  • sonia02
    Options
    Once you get to your goal weight, you just go to your profile and change your goals from ''lose weight'' to ''maintain'', and it will set your calorie goals according to your weight, height, and age. That is the whole purpose of this site. Hope it helps.