Can't seem to get back on track

Options
Hello to all
Just starting today, I signed up a few months back but never did get back on till today. I've recently retired and staying at home is not good for the waistline.
Need all the help I can get would like to loose 30 pounds and just can't seem to get on track.

Replies

• elmoniv
    elmoniv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great goal and you can reach it!
    Now forget about the goal......
    ...and take those baby steps!

The beginning is the end... the end to your rut!

Good luck :)
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Have you written down some clear concise goals? The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. Breaking down where you want to get into smaller acheiveable goals will make it easier.

What got me on track was also to visualize what I would be like if I didn't get going. Wasn't a pretty picture.

Next, I started slow, but put one foot in front of the other. The pounds started coming off.

Best wishes! Let me know how you are progressing!
  • kimbot
    kimbot Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You've already taken the first step by coming back to the community. Just ease into it, and before you know it, those 30lbs will be history! You just have to stay motivated and focused and with the support of MFP, i'm sure you'll do great! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • bokieb4
    Options
    One thing I've learned since getting back to eating well and exercising: I have to get up and get to the gym. I will lay in bed and think of many excuses, and tell myself "sleep another hour and go to the gym on lunch break". Well, lunch break comes and goes most days and I'm lucky if I even have time to sit and eat. Evening comes, and kids are home from school - so no gym there. I have to go in the morning or I won't go.

And, once I am there and in motion, I feel very, very good. I get home and get to work, and I feel good all day!
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Set small goals. Look at the things you are having the most difficulty with and come with a plan to help with it.

Not drinking enough water? Keep it close to you all day and set a goal for X # of cups.
    Eating too many calories? Plan your meals the day or week before.
    Eating the wrong foods? Get the junk far, far, away.
    Not exercising enough? Pick something you like to do and start with that for 30-40 minutes a day.

After you make yourself do these things for a while, they will become habitual.
  • RiverWild
    RiverWild Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm jealous of retirement. I have had to get back on track a couple of times over the last 18 months, it is hard to get back into it. I don't give myself time to think about it now. When I get up in the morning I do my routine. If I have a cup of tea and sit first I will think of 20 reasons not to get up and workout. So I don't allow myself to think about it anymore. Awhile back I missed logging in for a few days and one of my friends nudged me to get back on it. So.... getting friends, and just keeping at it no matter how slow has helped me. You'll get there!:smile: